Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed the game as I am on holiday and can;t really watch. However, I just watched

Gallas kicks Nani

Two things really bother me about this video:
1) The ref really seemed like he was looking right at it and did nothing. I worry that there is even a remote possibility Gallas won;t be given a red. If he does not get a red I feel like the FA is shaming themselves and encouraging this kind of classless thuggery.
2) Gilberto is in Nani's face the whole time and none of the United players step in. I would have loved to see Wazza running in with his trademark rage and not allowing this to happen...although he was already on a yellow so that might be bad.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
shld be a red for gallas, dunno wat the hell the ref was looking at that time.
but i agree with sir alex, nani's showboat was not needed, it is not worth it when u got injured for a couple of months when the guy got sent off and banned for a couple of matches.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It bemuse me how Arsene Wenger complained about nani show boating but didnt mention about gallas kick..Its like saying Nani deserved it for the show boating..For god sake, that show boating is entertainment to me, what wrong of doing it when we are leading..and its not even against the rules...

I doubt very much thou that the FA will look into it ( gallas kick) ...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
he should be banned for three matches ridiculous behaviour from a very experienced player, stuff like that shouldnt be tollerated! Nani couldn do a whole lot else when he got the ball and opted for a bit of showboating why the hell not!!! didnt arsenal have a guy called thierry henry once? i remember him makin a fool of a very young 'boro team a few yrs ago when arsenal beat them 7-0 in highbury, one of the 'boro players (cant remember who) was only 17 and was actually crying after he was humiliated!

**** ARSENAL!!! And I'm never listenin to another arsenal fan calling Ronaldo a cheat after what adebayor did!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Nani was just trying to get on Soccer AM. :D

Gallas should be given a 3 match ban for kicking out at Nani.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Gallas should have had a red.

Flamini should have had a yellow at least.

Wenger should have an official warning by the FA for needing to shut the **** up.

We beat you 4-0 Wenger, we can showboat all the **** we want.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Justice said:
Gallas should have had a red.

Flamini should have had a yellow at least.

Wenger should have an official warning by the FA for needing to shut the **** up.

Damn Straight!

hope this is the turning point!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Justice said:
Exactly.

If you can't bring out the party tricks when you're cruising 4-0 at home against 10 men then when can you?

The crowd were shouting 'olay' in the first half when we were passing it around and were 3-0 up so why not do something to entertain the crowd?!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
as a player, coach, and now referee, always had the same mentality, if you dont like it, stop it...legall of course though

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nothing will get done bout it f.a want Arsenal to win league

just seen Gallas got away with it ref and F.a thought gallas did no wrong doing.

Seems you can now kick people off the ball

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went to the game !!! Great skill, great performance from NANI - Arsenal were disgusting & highlighted everything thats wrong with English football when they went 2-0 down....

Galla's should be given MIN 3 Games for a childish kick out...

Flamini should have gone with the two footed lunge on NANI after he took the mick !!! Nobody has mentioned this, it was shocking......

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I don't see how Nani was showboating. And there was a poll on another site where 90%+ said Nani wasn't showboating. He received the football, and with Gallas right behind him, went backwards. So what if the football is in the air instead of the ground?

Just like Wanker too. "I didn't see Adebayor headbutt Bendtner, and I didn't see Gallas kick Nani, therefore they didn't happen." And I love how he says that Nani is embarrassing them by doing that. Forgetting the scoreline and how awful you team is Wanker? 4-0? Nani was just playing beautiful football for the team with a history of beautiful football, not just recently. Get over yourself Wanker...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The FA just announced they will take no further action. I wish I could write them a letter because this is the first time I have been ashamed to support an organization like the FA.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How someone could determine that kicking a player in the back when the ball is 20 yards away is anything less than a red card offense is absolutely flooring to me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts