Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
William Gallas has been stripped of the Arsenal captaincy and will not play against Manchester City, according to Sky Sports News sources.

The move comes after Gallas spoke of unrest in the Arsenal camp on Thursday, including details of a bust-up during half-time in the recent 4-4 draw with Tottenham.

A number of former players have been quick to criticise Gallas for the outburst and it now appears as though Arsene Wenger has acted quickly to discipline the Frenchman.

It is understood that Gallas, who was handed the armband at the start of last season, will not travel with the rest of the squad ahead of Saturday's game at Man City.

The latest development raises doubts about Gallas' future with the club, just two years after he joined the Gunners from Chelsea.

Arsenal have yet to confirm the news but reports suggest that goalkeeper Manuel Almunia will lead out the side against City.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4531574,00.html

Z

·
0 Posts
It's about time. He was a disaster. Possibly the worth captain in Premier League history.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Why it wasn't given to Toure is beyond me! He loves that club (for whatever reason) more than anyone else in that dressing room and the young guys would have a positive person to look up to. This proves Wenger is a scout and not a manager:

"I'll score own goals."
-Billy Gallas on wanting to leave Chelsea

Am I the only one who thinks that's not captain material?

·
23,699 Posts
Blade said:
It's about time. He was a disaster. Possibly the worth captain in Premier League history.
I have to boringly say: Agree. :p

But no, think "probably" is more accurate; you are being nice. :eek: ;)

·
23,699 Posts
Btw anybody knows or thinks he knows who is the "6 years younger" team mate Gallas was referring to in his spill-all-and-more?

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
versa said:
Btw anybody knows or thinks he knows who is the "6 years younger" team mate Gallas was referring to in his spill-all-and-more?
its believed to be van persie ---- fancy that a dutch player in dressing room bust up never seen that before have we :D

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
gallas is an utter fruitcake ,i still can't believe wenger gave him the number 10 shirt let alone make him captain. he actually believes he is a superstar and wenger needs to bring him down to earth with a bump , to be honest i doubt that he will be there next year.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
versa said:
It has to be Van persie or Eboue as they are the only ones 6 years younger than him. They are both big moaners anyway so it could be either one

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
piazza said:
Why it wasn't given to Toure is beyond me! He loves that club (for whatever reason) more than anyone else in that dressing room
Completely agree with that I was shocked Toure didn't get and I never tought Gallas would make a good captain in the first place and this is what he deserves!

·
Registered
585 Posts
marty davidson said:
Fabregas will be new captain to keep him at the club
but why should he be?

Call me old fashioned, but a captain should be someone who is there for the long term and not just for a season or two. IMO, captain should be someone who loves the club and has no plans on leaving for a long, long time. Fabregas has already said he will review his future at the end of the season. This is the point many Gooners have made. If Wenger gives Fabregas the captaincy, it will be merely to encourage him to stay for longer and thats not right. They did the same with Henry and it just didn't work.

Toure would be a good choice but I don't think he will get it for some reason

·
Registered
585 Posts
I know it sounds bad but I wanted Gallas to play tomorrow. I wanted to see what reaction he would get from the Arsenal supporters

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
piazza said:
Why it wasn't given to Toure is beyond me! He loves that club (for whatever reason) more than anyone else in that dressing room and the young guys would have a positive person to look up to. This proves Wenger is a scout and not a manager:

"I'll score own goals."

No. Hes not captain material. It was a dreadful decision, but even more dreadful is the fact its taken this long for him to realise.

And I, personally, think Toure would make a great captain. But your missing the key point saying why wasn't it given to Toure. Gallas is French. ;)

Blade said:
Absolutely no doubt about it.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
piazza said:

"I'll score own goals."

It's more than just not being Captain material. He isn't even defender material. Let's face facts here.

Gallas' reputation largely comes from his time at Chelsea, yes? It was John Terry who made Gallas look good.

Gallas was born to play second fiddle. He needs to be lead & told what to do. Wenger is far too soft on him.

Imagine Ferguson & Gallas. :D He'd kick his bony behind all the way back to France & tell him to stay there.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
yeah he is a big disgrace to the world of football, I just think its stupid not just giving him the captaincy in the first place, but also the way that wenger did it by not even saying anything to gilberto silva who was the captain at the time and who is a million times a better captain imo than gallas would ever be. just shows how even though wenger is a great tactician, he extremely lacks the fortitude to give any discipline and in general man manage his players.

·
23,699 Posts
Banana-rama said:
Probably Eboue.
Read that only 3 are 25 ie Van Persie, Eboue and Sagna, and that the chief suspect is van Persie.

And that Gallas claimed he had to separate a fight between Walcott and van Persie during half time in the 4-4 draw with Spurs.

Juicy stuff leaked by the increasingly-disgraceful Gallas. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts