Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about them?
Or any other team United could face?

I've been hearing mixed thoughts about the World Club Cup and how United should easily win, while also saying the other teams are crap basically.

What's your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The team that wins the Copa Liberatados (sp.) Is usually half decent but I think some Ecuadorian side won it this year, who were quite unknown.

As for Gamba I think they're Japanese and won their version of the CL, shouldn't be too hard what I can see Asian football isn't the best football around lol.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
The Ecoudorian team wont be a walk in the park as they are champions of south america after all .

As for the Gamba there playing in front of there own fans so they wont just roll over and be beaten .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a Gamba Osaka fan so I know quite a bit about them, :) I doubt that Gamba will give United too much trouble as long as your players concentrate and aren't too badly affected by the jet-lag. Basically, Gamba are an attack-minded side whose philosophy is pretty much "as long as we score more than the opponent then it doesn't matter how many we concede", our defence isn't great so we need to rely on the attackers to score usually. ;)

I have written an introduction to Gamba for any fans of the other clubs in the tournament on my website; check it out if you're interested! (The link is in my sig).

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I dont think we should have enough problem with gamba, as for quito, they have not been great this year, and they lost their best player in guerron to getafe, Imo I think pachuca will face us in the final.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
zappin said:
Gamba are an attack-minded side whose philosophy is pretty much "as long as we score more than the opponent then it doesn't matter how many we concede", our defence isn't great so we need to rely on the attackers to score usually.
Perfect for young Danny Welbeck
This will be the right game for Tevez and Welbeck up front.
We have the best defence around, these guys are attack minded therfore leaving space for us. We need to start scoring........ this trip might not be all that bad you know:D

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
No game is easy on the other side of the world, different time zone etc. It all depends on United mentality, slack and we have lost.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Gamba Osaka knocked out Adelaide United, who were favourites to be playing
us...manutd.com even had a section on them seeing what they were like.

So despite not much being made of it over here, theres already been an upset in
the comp.

Liga Deportiva will be our opponents in the final...if we win tomorrow, and boy do
they have a ****e crest!! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Yeah...;)

Sidways triangle...blue and red, and a U in the middle...

Gold star for the first person who posts here what the U stands for! ;) :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts