Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'll be there with the rest of the Timperley Reds and I'm bringing my cousin's South African boyfriend- he's always wanted to go to an Englsih football match with good atmosphere, so where better than FC? :)

MUFCUM

·
Registered
703 Posts
Im going. Gonna be my first FC game. Can't wait.

Hope you enjoy it mate but please remember what Ive told you before- give it more than one go!

Too many people who dont enjoy it but never give it a second chance (which is fair anough) but there is definatley too many people who do enjoy it and don't give it another go!

MUFCUM

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Hope you enjoy it mate but please remember what Ive told you before- give it more than one go!

Too many people who dont enjoy it but never give it a second chance (which is fair anough) but there is definatley too many people who do enjoy it and don't give it another go!

MUFCUM
Dont worry mate. I really cant imagine not enjoying it to be honest though. I mean standing and singing up for 90 mins, whats not to enjoy!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Keep On Keppin' On, Keep On Keepin' Stong

FC United of Manchester - Official FCUM Web Site

Keep on keepin’ on, keep on keepin’ strong: From Atlanta, Georgia, to Longsight, Manchester, everyone willing and able...

FC United manager Karl Marginson: "From day one it’s been amazing to see the support we’ve got from our fans. As players and coaches used to playing at non-league or lower league level we were really taken aback by the crowds we have got and the vocal support FC fans provide.

"I can’t overstate how much the crowd lifts the players. There’ve been games when the supporters have quite literally carried the team - Quorn in the FA Vase at Gigg Lane was one such day. We were down to nine men and the lads on the pitch were dead on their feet but the noisy backing we got that day drove us on to what was nearly a miraculous victory.

"Time and again the crowd have made the difference for us - just look at the end of season run in and the play-offs last season. We were out of contention just after Christmas but we went on a hell of a run, backed all the way by the best fans around. The support at Bradford on a Monday night stands out from that time, as does the play-off games at Gigg Lane against Bamber Bridge and Skelmersdale when we needed a lift and well and truly got one.

"It makes me laugh when I hear commentators on television go on about Liverpool and the The Kop being the 12th man. They haven’t got a clue what they’re talking about - we make more noise with 2,000 fans than the Scousers do with a full stadium these days.

”FC fans are the proper 12th man, not some cliché that people put about. That is how important you lot are to us. Myself and the players know that we are only here and enjoying the FC United experience because the supporters got off their backsides, started a club and put their all into running it. We are all so proud of every single one of you and you can be sure that the loyalty you give to us is repaid in effort from every player who pulls on that red shirt.

"As we face an important time in our history - with the play-offs once again a possibility and a new ground hopefully on the horizon - we need every one of you to get down to games and continue that magnificent support. Get your mates down too, especially the ones who may have lapsed a bit in their attendance for whatever reason. Let’s get together and push this club forward as one, United in everything we do. The bigger the crowds we get, the more it helps us achieve our aims as a club so get yourself to that football ground and let’s keep on keeping on."

·
Registered
703 Posts
MRE, gonna get the tram down early, sample the pubs on the way to the ground and then watch football how it should be watched. There'll be no more knobheads in jester hats or sky tv!
Did you enjoy it? Was certainly an eventful match- especialy them last 10 mins. We played bloody awful in the first half but did pretty good in the second, atmosphere wasn't amazing but pretty good compared to some of the recent home games and a pretty good attendence (2158). Hope you go become a regular or at least go as often as you can :)

MUFCUM

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Really enjoyed it! It was a ******* quality atmosphrere compared to what i'm used to. Nobody looking at you funny when you sing, nobody telling you to sit down. I'll definately be going again, though it'll be next season cos i'm skint now. Where were you stood? We ended up in the mainstand cos i'm a knobhead and i thought you could walk all the way round to the MRE. But the stewards let us into the MRE so it was fine. The ref was a right tosser too, how the **** did he miss that handball? Giving him abuse at the end was a good laugh though!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Really enjoyed it! It was a ******* quality atmosphrere compared to what i'm used to. Nobody looking at you funny when you sing, nobody telling you to sit down. I'll definately be going again, though it'll be next season cos i'm skint now. Where were you stood? We ended up in the mainstand cos i'm a knobhead and i thought you could walk all the way round to the MRE. But the stewards let us into the MRE so it was fine. The ref was a right tosser too, how the **** did he miss that handball? Giving him abuse at the end was a good laugh though!
Good, glad you enjoyed it :). I was in the Main Stand although I am thinking of becoming an MREer for the atmosphere :). Ref was a **** they always are, its rare we have officals that actaully know what they're doing, although he was one of the worst- cant belive he sent Jerome (10) off! He got his face sat on whilst getting slapped and got sent off for it! Was a joke! Hope you become a regular or at least the big games :)

The match higlights and after match interveiws are here: FCUM.TV for the fans by the fans [ FC United of Manchester ]

And also, I know you said it probably wont be 'til next season but you should try and get down to the Frickley match at home as the club are doing this 'Double Vision' thing where they're encouraging people to watch MUFC v Scousers and then FCUM v Frickley.

MUFCUM :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Aye mate the MRE seemed to be better than the mainstand, you should make the move across! Was that your Timperley reds flag by the way? Not a chance i'll be able to get over again this season, that trip cost me about 300 quid overall so i'm skint now :(.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Aye mate the MRE seemed to be better than the mainstand, you should make the move across! Was that your Timperley reds flag by the way? Not a chance i'll be able to get over again this season, that trip cost me about 300 quid overall so i'm skint now :(.

Yer it was :) was tied up quite badly though on Saterday, normally my dad does it but me and my brother did it and made a bit of a **** up of it :). Fair anough- well glad you enjoyed it :)

MUFCUM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts