Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 3284 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know he is quality, and his hat trick at the San Siro just underlines it. At 20/21 years of age he is at the perfect stage to move to United. Spurs would be loath to sell him but the boy would surely want the move and his wages certainly wouldn't be a problem. This would be a sensible signing. What do you think?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
We should have signed him when he went to Spurs. Apparently he had a look around OT but picked Spurs in the end, presumably to get more game time. He is a(or at least will be) world class player. A player like him would be the answer to so many problems. He'd be a bit better than Park anyway.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,243 Posts
They'd want a fortune for him, it would be a protracted deal as every one is with them, he'd want a lot more than he is on now. I don't think it's realistic as I don't think we'd splash the cash so easily. Don't get me wrong I'd love him to come to us, been keen on him for a good while but I think it's just not happening

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,919 Posts
we couldn't dream of affording him, but It would be ******* amazing if we ever did sign him - he's dreamy :wub:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Just watched his hattrick on Sky Sports. :eek:
One of the best hattricks I've ever seen.
Probably the second best EVER after Rivaldo's.

·
Aka Menlo(ve)
5,184 Posts
I think in the immidiate future our target is definitely a striker, in light of recent events.

Would love to sign a player of his ability and pure natural talent but I have an uneasy feeling that he will probably be wearing sky blue next season, along with Jesus, Obama, Pinky from Pinky and The Brain and Osama bin Laden.

·
Succumbing to Ennui under Moyes
8,440 Posts
we couldn't dream of affording him, but It would be ******* amazing if we ever did sign him - he's dreamy :wub:
hd I wonder about you sometimes lol.

Bale would be a great addition! Wonder why he chose them over us after Giggs tried his best to convince him to sign for us...oh well...Spurs will ask for over 20 mills

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,919 Posts
Well tbf, he's the stand out welsh player, I liked him at southampton, and he's class - since my nations international success (i.e qualifying for anything ever) will fall mainly on his shoulders, I need to love him

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
How he skinned the entire Inter defence was immense. It was like watching schoolboy football, he will be an amazing player, he looks like a United player really.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
whhoaaaaaa now! Lets get real here for a second! Inter 100% took their foot of the pedal and actual pumped the breaks. FFS an old lady in a motorized seated kart in reverse could have hit the net on those chances.

Regardless he finished it, so ups to Bale!

Bale is an absolute monster, Bale and schweinsteiger would be my dream signings for united. so sexy!

What a giant **** you to Roon if we did get those two! Muhahaha

·
Quadrospazzed on a life-glug
2,360 Posts
whhoaaaaaa now! Lets get real here for a second! Inter 100% took their foot of the pedal and actual pumped the breaks. FFS an old lady in a motorized seated kart in reverse could have hit the net on those chances.

Regardless he finished it, so ups to Bale!

Bale is an absolute monster, Bale and schweinsteiger would be my dream signings for united. so sexy!

What a giant **** you to Roon if we did get those two! Muhahaha
Are you joking? He finished as wide in the box as possible for the first two with a defender on him and still put it into the far corner. Desperate Dan covered the near post both times and you can't necessarily fault him for that (well maybe should have learnt his lesson after the first), but they were incredible finishes.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Are you joking? He finished as wide in the box as possible for the first two with a defender on him and still put it into the far corner. Desperate Dan covered the near post both times and you can't necessarily fault him for that (well maybe should have learnt his lesson after the first), but they were incredible finishes.
Incredible!!?!! Hardly, good strong finishes, nothing tricky about them.
He was battling got the step on 2 and had a clear run onto a easy hit for the last. Nice finishes but hardly worth all the fuss, especially considering Inter was in practice mode.

But the boy has outstanding skill not taking that away from him, he is growing as a player. Would love him at united.

1 - 20 of 3284 Posts