Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 3284 Posts

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Berba was fucking amazing as well when he played for Spurs. Daniel Levy is going to milk every past penny from us and I doubt even the Rooney money would suffice to sign him. We'll just end up with a 21 year old kid with a price tag of 30-40 million pounds on his head and the weight of the world on his shoulders.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Bale, Ramsey rejected us for playing time and it is just proving what players can achieve when they get playing time. I would love to have him here. Direct replacement for Giggs, excellent dribbling ability, finishing top class, superb crosser, better set piece taker than anyother we got, most importantly left footed left winger.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Bale would be a FANTASTIC signing. His ability, pace, strength AND ability to play full back or as a left midfielder would create great possibilities.
The hat-trick against was excellent. got past Zanetti, Maicon and Lucio to score his first.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Bale has been the star performer in the Premier League this season and to score a hat trick at the San Siro against the European Champions is just sensational. He has pace, skill, grit and determination and will score and create goals and chances. Also he is very versatile and we all know Fergie loves players to be versatile. He can play Left Back, he can play Wing Back, Left mid and also for Wales he has played very well in a front 3 which we know United play at times. The 3 goals he scored against Inter were all very similar but thats not a negative thing, all were top finishes that any player would be proud of. It just showed that he has the ability because he picked out the bottom corner 3 times.

I have been mighty impressed with Bale for the last year or so, and lets be fair we knew he was a quality player a long time ago. Why we never signed him I don't know, we let him slip through our fingers but perhaps now is the time to sign him? Now we know what an impact he has in the Premier League and with the money we should get from the Rooney sale you never know.

·
Quadrospazzed on a life-glug
2,360 Posts
Me too. Thought the first two were extremely well struck though, Cesar had no choice but to cover the near post but both times he put it exactly where he couldn't get to the ball at the far post from pretty wide in the box. If they weren't so precise I wouldn't be so impressed. Apparently Maicon said after the game Bale is so good he could play for Brazil!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Bale would be a FANTASTIC signing. His ability, pace, strength AND ability to play full back or as a left midfielder would create great possibilities.
The hat-trick against was excellent. got past Zanetti, Maicon and Lucio to score his first.
I long remember the days when you and I were the only ones to stick up for a young(er) Gareth Bale. I'd ejaculate spontaneously if we did sign him, I think it's inevitable he ends up at a bigger club, unless Tottenham continues to improve, which I really hope they do. I've always had a soft-spot for Spurs for some reason.

7,377 Posts
I long remember the days when you and I were the only ones to stick up for a young(er) Gareth Bale. I'd ejaculate spontaneously if we did sign him, I think it's inevitable he ends up at a bigger club, unless Tottenham continues to improve, which I really hope they do. I've always had a soft-spot for Spurs for some reason.
i think you've had a soft spot for the big cock on their badge :rofl:

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
If we were still the United of old in the transfer market and not in so much debt I could definitely so us making a big move for Gareth Bale. He is a 'United-type' of player through and through. I don't really blame us for not signing him when he went to Spurs. I mean, I know that we were in for him and he went to Spurs for greater first-team opportunities and lets be fair, if we had signed him back then he would definitely have found first team chances tough to come by at United.

Given the fact that Spurs are a better side than they used to be and that we are skint these days I can't see Bale coming to United. It's a shame. But that's just the way it goes.

·
crushed like a bug in the ground
9,195 Posts
As do I, I think it's come from playing with them on FIFA so often.

Bale would be fantastic, I remember being pretty disappointed when we missed out on him when he was at Southampton, but I didn't think he would turn out to be as good as he is. I'm not sure how well we will be able to compete for his services, but he should be at the top of our hit list to replace Giggs.

21 - 40 of 3284 Posts