Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 3284 Posts

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
The keeping was poor on the second goal. He put the other two in the perfect spot, the first hit the inside of side netting, such a ******* strike!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Gareth Bale is by far the most improved player in the League over the past 12 months. He really has improved so much and is now showing the ability that his potential always promised. He beats players with his pace and skill, he is scoring goals and creating goals and I would love United to sign him. He can play anywhere along the left side and in front of Evra I think could really form a very good partnership. We know Evra loves to attack and is a real threat when he goes forwards, but Bale could then drop in and cover for him when he does bomb forwards. I think we should test Spurs' resolve by making a bid for him in the summer. Perhaps offer them Park and Carrick? Which is a rumour I have heard today I believe.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,243 Posts
I would love Bale to sign for us, he's a beast of a player and could be the answer to that LM position we so badly need. He wouldn't be cheap though although a sweetener of Carrick in the deal could just swing it for us

·
Succumbing to Ennui under Moyes
8,440 Posts
I doubt we'll get him...spurs just make silly money off our transfer dealings...they'd ask for 20 million or more...probably worth it because that's how the market is. It would suck though to pay too much for him when he really should've joined us a few seasons back. Why did he deny us after visiting OT and revealing his idol worship for Giggs? He should be a United player

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
I would kill for Gareth Bale, he will eventually join City though Imo.
No ones disloding Johnson any time soon, he'd actually get more first team football at United...

Wouldn't rule out a £20-£30m bid this January, if stories are to be believed

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
No ones disloding Johnson any time soon, he'd actually get more first team football at United...
You'd think so but Mancini tends to leave him on the bench a lot which is really bizarre. Maybe I'm just viewing the situation wrong but I see Barry & Milner starting more than I see Johnson on the pitch.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts

Wouldn't rule out a £20-£30m bid this January, if stories are to be believed
Not a chance in hell Harry will let him go in January, no way.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
You'd think so but Mancini tends to leave him on the bench a lot which is really bizarre. Maybe I'm just viewing the situation wrong but I see Barry & Milner starting more than I see Johnson on the pitch.
Which is only good. Mancini is realy clueless. Johnson has proved so many times that he is the best winger they got, but still he doesnt start him. Hope he continues the trend so that Johnson gets pissed off and puts in a transfer request :D

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,919 Posts
Bale is perfectly suited to us as a player, the more I see him, the more I drool and think about how perfectly he'd slot in to the side. Imagine having Bale Nani and Valencia as our wingers? :eek:

That would help make up for a midfield shortcoming too, a bit like when Ronaldo was here.

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
Bale is perfectly suited to us as a player, the more I see him, the more I drool and think about how perfectly he'd slot in to the side. Imagine having Bale Nani and Valencia as our wingers? :eek:

That would help make up for a midfield shortcoming too, a bit like when Ronaldo was here.
It would be nice to have Bale as he provides alot more than just a half decent cross and some pace which is all Valencia has. Bale would be overall a huge improvement over Valencia IMO.

·
43,919 Posts
True, plus it would mean Nani can stay on the right where he's best, and then we'd have Valencia as our first choice sub should something happen to Nani/Bale...

Must not get carried away, he's just a dream signing to be honest, unless the reports of a big budget are true...

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Valencia's crossing is as good as Bale's if not better, and Valencia works harder than Bale, tracks back more and he is not bad when it comes to scoring goals.

·
43,919 Posts
I disagree, I think Bale's delivery is second to none atm, very very consistent too (but so is Valencia tbf) I think they're close in their crossing though.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Valencia is very underrated.

Only problem i see with him now, is that he may never be the same again after his injury. Seen it so many times...

Eduardo & Smith to name a few.. just hope he can get back to his best!

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
I disagree, I think Bale's delivery is second to none atm, very very consistent too (but so is Valencia tbf) I think they're close in their crossing though.
Consistent? Bale is **** shit not consistent, I have him in my FF and he has made one assist and two goals in 9 matches . The two goals came in one match and the assist in one match thus playing 7 matches proving NOTHING.

Bale is becoming VERY overrated.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Consistent? Bale is **** shit not consistent, I have him in my FF and he has made one assist and two goals in 9 matches . The two goals came in one match and the assist in one match thus playing 7 matches proving NOTHING.

Bale is becoming VERY overrated.
Dont just talk about stats, and he is no way overrated. He has improved so much that it is very hard to find a better left winger than him. I always see him as Giggsy replacement. We have to spend 25-30M, but we are living in the world where Milners cost 20M plus a player worth 8M, Lescott 24M. So i think it would be excellent investment fot the future. 30M for 10-12 years? Why not.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Dont just talk about stats, and he is no way overrated. He has improved so much that it is very hard to find a better left winger than him. I always see him as Giggsy replacement. We have to spend 25-30M, but we are living in the world where Milners cost 20M plus a player worth 8M, Lescott 24M. So i think it would be excellent investment fot the future. 30M for 10-12 years? Why not.
indeed this is true. in what ******* world would you ever have thought someone as shit as lescott could cost £24m.

actually makes me feel quite sad.. that there is suffering in places, and people are paying £24m for someone that shit. worlds gone mad.

41 - 60 of 3284 Posts