Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
God, no. We're already desperately short of pace and creativity in midfield. The last thing we need is someone even slower than Michael Carrick. Barry is a decent Premier League player, but what we need is a top drawer creative, progressive centre mid.

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
He's been very good, but he's on a season long loan with Everton. City would never sell to us and he's 32 anyway, would prefer to go for someone younger. Not to mention he seems abit of a cunt.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Barry isn't that good. Not at the top level, which is the type of player we should be going for.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
No. I think he's been fantastic for Everton, especially in the two big games I've seen against Chelsea and Arsenal, but I really don't see him as a solution. We don't have enough pace or mobility in midfield as it is, and he certainly wouldn't make that any better.

In short, he isn't the type of player we need and I doubt he'd improve us that much. And anyway, he's still at City and I doubt they'd sell to us, even if they do see him as a cast-off.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
he's a less good version of carrick. maybe slightly more defensive minded too. Very good on his day still but absolutely not what we're desperately lacking and not the level of player we need to be aiming for to compete with the best

1 - 20 of 27 Posts