Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sort of allowing for how long gary has been out of team when considering this and hope 2-3 months down the line I can consider this to be a load of bull but after seeing some of his passing, crossing and general play tonight, I think we have seen the last of the Gary Neville we all know and love.

Gary Neville bombing down the flank and whipping in a pinpoint cross, No better sight. Tonight he was way off the mark and just looked average all way through.

I just hope its games he needs under his belt and not the signs we saw during Solksjaer last season when u could tell at times he was putting 150% effort in to just try and match up

What does everyone think one his chances of reigniting the old neville fire???!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Neville

Couldn't agree with you more and appreciate the thread as it was the one aspect of the game that stood out the most for me. He has been nothing short of terrible so far this season. I was praying SAF would bring on Brown. After watching Boswinga for Chelsea I realized that better service from Neville may have been critical for us. Brown is underrated offensively and would have been a much better choice.

I agree with you that Neville may only be used sparingly from now on, he's become a liability. I am therefore very keen to see more of R. DaSilva even though he's still a teenager.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would like to thank gary for his loyalty and his service to the club but at times priority comes first.I am sad to say that gary days are over his crossing, Stamina...... but his tackling tho he still have some in him.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
first full competitve match for him, and he did not do excellently. i will watch a few more matches from him to judge him fairly.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Wes Brown is underrated offensively?

What a load......

I can remember Wes Brown making two decent crosses all of last season.

Nay, Wes Brown is not very useful offensively and to be quite honest I always worry when he goes gallivating to the front, because I'm afraid he'll get caught out.

Gary didn't have a good game and he'll bethe first to admit that, but Wes brown will never cross the way Gary used too and if there's any player who deserves a bit of leeway and chances to see if he can recapture his form, surely it's Gary.

You;re talking about Gary, but how many decent crosses did Evra put in?

Did he even attempt them???

As far as I can remember our crosses were poor all night, whether they were from Nani or Hargreaves and one of the few decent ones were from Ronaldo, which Evans headed against the upright.

All in all, I think Gary doesn't deserve to be rated any worse than anybody else on the pitch.

I would say Iwas encouraged by Park and Nani, but if you want to find fault, yu do so with nay of the players last night.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
great thread m8 was gonna highlight this myself...was ok with his general play he didn't tire as much as i thought he would n got stuck in as ever , but your right passing and crossinf especially were well off for most of the night....giving him the benefit tho- he's been out of regular action for so long gonna take a while to get back up to standard. personally have no probs with wes brown whatsoever and think hes gonna make the position his even with nev back to fitness

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I think we need to give him more time before we pass judgement. At the moment, Brown has to be 1st choice right-back but I don't think Fergie is going to write off Neville for the rest of the season :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
i think we'll have to wait and see how gary gets on, yes his crosses were poor but i think youd be a bit rusty if you were out for as long as he was, give it 2 months and then judge him

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
I am sad to say that gary days are over his crossing
that true garnet

and i think he must be used as a subs
for yesterday i will give him 4/10

hope in future he do better as a sub

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zense_United said:
i think he played quite well last night.. great job!
thats the heart talking not the head. his crossing was dire and lost us possesion at key times all through the game. like i said in my first post, he appeared to be putting in so much more all way through the game to keep to the level.
d
He has got to compete with Da Silva, Brown for his position. He will continue to play but not automatic choice like he was when he went out injured.

legend for the club but would be surprise if he dont retire after next big injury

S

·
0 Posts
Gary neville is the football equivalent of marmite, me? i love him, but even i with my rose tinted glasses have to admit that he will never be back to his best and i dont think he will get his first team place back, i wouldnt be confident leaving him at right back against good opposition, in the same way that im not confident with Brown at right back as well as he has served us he just doesnt excel at it no matter how hard he tries.

i pray that king nev proves me wrong but i just cant see it at the moment, we NEED to start playing Rafael as he's going to play n that position first team at some point probably, why not see if its now, or is he not quite as good as people are making out yet? the sooner we improve upon brown the better

·
Registered
32 Posts
Neville's crossing was very poor but I don't think Brown's is any better. Can't we just clone a right-sided Evra?

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
its hard to see him getting back to his best, i just hope he gets a bit of form stays injury free and plays his way back in. asking a lot i know.

with ronaldo back it might make it easier for neville, he can hang back and concentrate on organising the team, we all know he is a fantastic reader of the game and his experience could prove valuable at the business end of the season.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
OK, since my post seems to have gone under the radar I will post again.

Gary's just come back from a very lengthy time out from the game through injury - let's keep the knives in the drawer a bit longer shall we? eh?

Next - Anybody who says Brown is underrated offensively is having a laugh, as he can barely run with the ball and his crosses are PATHETIC.

On top of that Brown is liable to get caught out of position when he goes wandering aroud upfront.

Let's give Gary a few games to get back into the groove first before numbering his days.

And if he truly cannot recapture his form, maybe Fergie should play HArgreaves at RB like he did in a few games last season.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
IM in no way a fan of brown, hes in my opinion too slow to play at right back, but I dont think neville will get his form back as soon as we need it, lets remember he was out for most of last season,imo I think we should play hargreaves who has shown he can hold his own in that position,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts