Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG!! This made me so mad when i read it,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.XXXX/XXXX/XXX.XXX

the i read the 5th comment down and felt like punchin the guy who wrote!!

Minimise Giggs!! :eek: what complete rubbish :mad:

anyone else agree?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit (Keano!)

Please don't post links to other forums, thanks...

Heres what was said though....

Who agrees Neville should retire. said:
1. He was a great player in his time, but right know he needs to give it up ,and let the younger players do their part,he is not as pacey as before,he cannnot keep up to the mordern game.What do people think?
2. one vote!

3. he too old to played a big game like this....we lost 2 game from 6 big matches......

4. i would of torn his contract in his face when he was subbed

5. I don't understand why do you talk about a player that had nothing to do with the match; did he even come? Oh yes, he did, he was the one to almost shoot it in for Nasri to make it 1-0.
6. I definitely think we should f u c k gary neville off as he's WELL past his best. Most goals United concede come down our right hand side, he is nowhere near as fast as rafael, and finally he does his best to mess up our corners......just when Nani or Giggs are trying to put a good corner into the box, he always comes short and asks for the ball, only to make an absolute sh1tter of it, not put the ball into the box which allows the opposition to break.

Get rid of Neville and play RAFAEL da Silva !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. i dont care what he has done for the club, the thing is he is NOT doing THAT right now. he WAS a great player in his day, but today, id pick brown n silva over him, any day!

yea, i vote for this retirement!

8. Neville's days as a united player are numbered. Even SAF will realize that very soon.

9. Personally, ye i do think he should retire.

He just has nothing to offer for us anymore.. I would pick Rafael over Neville now.

He is just too old to be playing in our defence still.

10. I vote with 2 hands and feets. Thx Neville for everything. BUT CHANGE is best for United...

11. He shouldnt retire or he shouldnt leave becuase he is a proper legend BUT he shouldnt play in big games. Make him part of the carling cup squad or something. Rafael and Brown are better players than neville. Amazing player in his day but past it now and frustrates me the amount of time he over hits a cross

P.S. Aresee Wenger doing his interview on Sky now. Makes me sick how he criticises teams when his team loses and crys for a week and then when he wins the following week hes grinning as is like " errrrrrrr we will errrrrrrrrr win the errrrrrrrrrrrr league errrrrrrrrrrrrrr" !!!!

12. i think the moment rafael stepped into the field in that game, it spelled the end of gary neville. he was senseless in the arsenal game. at times the ball just pass by him with him looking the other way. he is way too slow now. good defenders compensate their speed with their reading of the game but gary is gary, he plays with his heart and that is the reason he would no longer be able to play at the top level. he was humiliated quite a few times by samir nasri. gary was charging and charging but he only chased shadow while the player he marked had long left the spot. i first noticed he is very slow in the chelsea game. he just played like a charging bull and flung himself trying to win any balls he couldn run on to. i tot its because of his long lay-off but at the evidence of this game, i am really sad to say the legs have gone.

13. im not sure just play him in easy games like in the carling cup and NOT the big games!!
14. like obama said, change we must!! c'mon fergie, it's really obvious gary is no longer the player he used to be. can't offer much to man utd nowadays and especially big games.

brown or rafeal anyday for me.

not winning against any big four right now it's not helping us. away games shouldn't be an excuse.

15. I think Gary's still a very good player who can help the team with his experience, but yes, the pace of Arsenal was probably too much for him today. The ideal right-back for this game should have been Brown, but he's obviously injured, so I do understand SAF's decision to put Neville. If you watched Celtic, the atmosphere seemed to overwhelm Rafael, and Gary would have been more suited to handle a clash with Arsenal.
16. But end of the day, don't let your frustration and anger get the better of you in the criticism of our players. Some of us are speaking from our hearts rather than our heads. Cool down a little, I'm sure the players are just as upset, if not far more upset than we are.

17. i'm sorry to say this, but i agree.. i knew it from the beginning of the match, playing gary neville would be a mistake and it was proven. Rafael came in and everything changed.. ronaldo was helped a lot in the right wing by rafael.. Anyway, great goal by the youngster.. Come on United, let's move on and win the next matches.. ManUtd for life

18. we should still use him but noat in as many big games like today

19. I DONT CARE WHAT GARY NEVILLE DONE FOR UNITED IN THE PAST. AT THE MOMENT HE'S DOING **** ALL AND SHOULD RETIRE.

20. unfortunally his days in the big matches are pretty much over i dont think he should retire he should be there for backup and easy games i think fergie is in two minds over neville that he is a legend and he wants him to do well and he may think i prefer rafel or brown cause they seem more better than neville

22. as much as he's had an illustrious career, his recent outings have really been disappointing. defensively, he's too slow against the faster younger players like nasri who totally turned him outside down today.. offensively, his passing has been bad (look at how many times he kicked the ball to an arsenal player today!), and his crossings are totally wayward too! where are those days where he's bombarding down the flank, providing an overlap and putting in pin-point crosses? his crosses either get blocked before they reach the 6-yard box, or they just end up anywhere but the 6-yard box..

our defence recently have been leaking in a lot of goals, i believe one of the chief reasons is the inconsistency at the right back position! when brown was playing week in week out, the defence was one of the sternest in the league.. somehow this season there seems to be some problems there..

i hope neville can improve, considering that afterall, he's been out all season. let's just hope his performances are simply because of his lack in match fitness!

23. he's too old and not in good condition .

he can do well as a sub , i prefer RAFALE and BROWN

I couldn't be bothered posting the rest...you's get the jist!

But as said...please only post the text...no links to other forums.....sheesh!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Neville a weak link?

After watching the games his played in this season im wondering why sir alex is showing so much faith in gary. I mean sure he showed great spirit and desire to recover and his commited a lot to our club and i love his passion for united

But surely he must be seen as our weakest right back at this current point. I can see fergies looking for experience in him when his playing in games like arsenal and zenit etc.

However, i find it highly unfair his took browns place as the figure head of right back. Sure raf is impressing but again his just a kid he cant be expected to hold down the place. Brown has a blinding season and has one bad performance against Liverpool

So why is Neville being given the nod. surely its his time to sit back and step up when required on.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Wes has been injured for a little bit so thats why gary got the nod vs Arse
and Raf vs Celtic. Brown for me is the number 1 with Rafael as his back up/impact sub.
Neville isnt as good as he once was and is the so called weak link. Tbh I believe
that position is arguably the weakest on the team.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For me Raf is No.1. He is a great backup for Ronaldo. And No.2 is Wes. I think that is time for Neville to retire like solkskjaer did. Gigs can retire next year.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think we are really missing brown right now ,he dose create respect on that side he is very good at timing hip shots which is bruising punishment for offensive players. Gary will always be a legend for me, but he's a little to predictable and slow to get back now. brown 1 rafa 2 neville3.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
He seems to be getting by and determination atm. He is turning like a tank and has completely lost his pace. You can say he's not fit yet but can a 34 year old, who was never amazingly fast to begin with get back his pace after 18 months out? I don't think so.

For me Brown is the number 1, with the back up depending on who the opposition is. I actually think O'Shea would be a better RB than Neville right now.

Hopefully he'll return back to his old self soon, but I can't really see it happening.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
he only had one bad game

GOD :rolleyes:

hes 34 he lost allot of pace he can't run allot as he used too, he can only play once a week, last season he got his legs ****ed up because of injuries

easy on Gaz

and he will be my number 1 for this season

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds like people have already started to give up on him, makes you wonder how fickle fans are to turn on one of your very own. Its not like he is has been one ordinary player, he has given so much to united but its not enough.

Does make you wonder is winning such a big thing or is it the only thing when you are a united fan.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
He is well past his best, united shouldn't just drop him from the squad and force him out but anyone who thinks he should be first choice for united when we have wes and rafeal is just as mad as the people slagging nev.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
he is past his best, but we have to respect him for the career he has had.
up untill 2006/7 he was the best r/b in the world.

the muppet who posted that garbage hasnt got a clue.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Well,

some of the comments are over the top and out of line,
but in general I would say that they express the dismay
of witnessing a legend's deterioration.

I think they are exaggerating though, because Nevile
still looks decent against the weaker teams, but even
I think he should be used as a squad player and not a
starter.

Wes Brown 's performances last season changed me
from a vehement critic to a firm fan and he should be
the regular starter at RB rotating with Rafael.

Both of them offer more to me than Neville, but Gazza
still can be a useful squad player to fill in for them
during times of injury.

It's not meant to be disrespectful to Gazza, but it's
just the way life goes.

He isn't the player he used to be. Neither is Giggs and
neither is Scholes. They are on the way out, but that's life.
That's football.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
hmmm - he a weak link alright...

when seeing a teamsheet before the match ,when seeing gary on there , all that's left of him is his name because i think to myself -"great gary's there", but once the match starts, i regret for saying that - so yeah - he is a weak link

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I have been saying for a couple of years that neville is past his best ,usually fergie doesnt do the sentimental bit but with giggs and neville i think its a season too far, scholesy has still got another season in him

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, I would say its fact.

I think there are some fans who are getting a bit touchy about people criticising Neville as well. But nobody is doubting what a fantastic contribution Neville has made to the team and how great a FB he has been.

But the fact is, as harsh as it may seem, we're at the end of the road this season. Hes past his best, and won't get back to an acceptable level imho.

Brown should be 1st choice when fit, but Rafael should play in quite a lot of games, in the FA and Carling Cups, as well as Champions League games when we're in a comfortable position and in Premiership games against the "easier" teams or substitute appearances when we're already ahead in the game.

Quite frankly, we should be looking to the future instead of the past.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
manutd004 said:
Well, I would say its fact.

I think there are some fans who are getting a bit touchy about people criticising Neville as well. But nobody is doubting what a fantastic contribution Neville has made to the team and how great a FB he has been.

But the fact is, as harsh as it may seem, we're at the end of the road this season. Hes past his best, and won't get back to an acceptable level imho.

Brown should be 1st choice when fit, but Rafael should play in quite a lot of games, in the FA and Carling Cups, as well as Champions League games when we're in a comfortable position and in Premiership games against the "easier" teams or substitute appearances when we're already ahead in the game.

Quite frankly, we should be looking to the future instead of the past.
Exactly. You can only rely on your reputation for so long. I think he needs to retire at the end of this season.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nev was the best right back in the world at one stage, but with age not on his side, i don't think he could re-produce that form. Sir alex knows deep down his time is coming to end, but just like giggsy, scholes & solskjaer, what they have done for the club, it's not up to us to say they should retire, they have earned the right to decide themselves. So if gary wants to play for united till he is 40, he can. But knowing that nev is a proud man, I think that he will make that tough decision very soon. Even though he makes a few mistakes time to time, i still look at what good things he has done, & the positives out-weigh the negatives by a long mile. Gary deserves alot more respect than what he is getting now. People who say a bad word about him, should be ashamed of themselves.

·
Banned
82 Posts
Hear Hear !!

abojodeh said:
he only had one bad game

GOD :rolleyes:

hes 34 he lost allot of pace he can't run allot as he used too, he can only play once a week, last season he got his legs ****ed up because of injuries

easy on Gaz

and he will be my number 1 for this season

1 - 20 of 26 Posts