Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United talismanic club skipper Gary Neville insists he is even more motivated to return to action by the niggling delays.

Neville has been out for close to a year now with an ankle injury picked up last March.

Complications with his recovery have set him back a number of times, and as he turns 33 next week, there have even been suggestions that he might be forced to hang up his boots.

However, the right-back insists he is more motivated than ever to return, and is not giving in to the frustration.

"The fact I've been out for so long brings about speculation regarding whether or not I'll make it back. I understand that," he told United Review.

"Ironically my ankle has been okay for the last couple of months, I've just picked up little knocks here and there that have lasted a couple of weeks or so; they can really set you back when you've been out for so long.

"I'm training again and I am focused on getting fit. I'm not going to put a timescale on it or name a game when I'll be back.

"Once I get fit, and I'm doing the best I can to get to that point, I've no doubts I'll be okay."

The Red Devils would dearly love to have him back in action as the business end of the season approaches.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
We definitely missed Gary on Sunday.
Really looking forward to his return soon.
We need his leadership qualities to give us a kick up the hole.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
red_devils4life said:
"I'm training again and I am focused on getting fit. I'm not going to put a timescale on it or name a game when I'll be back.
I reckon it'll be 2 weeks :rolleyes:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Skipper vows to return

Gary Neville has hit back at speculative reports suggesting his career may come to a premature end after a long-running injury battle.

The Reds' skipper, who turns 33 next Monday, has not played for United's first-team since rupturing ankle ligaments against Bolton Wanderers last March.

Subsequent niggles have further disrupted his progress. It has been a hugely frustrating period for the right-back, but he insists his career is far from over.

"The fact I've been out for so long brings about speculation regarding whether or not I'll make it back. I understand that," he told United Review.

"Ironically my ankle has been okay for the last couple of months, I've just picked up little knocks here and there that have lasted a couple of weeks or so; they can really set you back when you've been out for so long.

"I'm training again and I am focused on getting fit. I'm not going to put a timescale on it or name a game when I'll be back. Once I get fit, and I'm doing the best I can to get to that point, I've no doubts I'll be okay."

I think he would be United until he is 35.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
I keep hearing him talk about coming back. I dont think he will be back to the player we know. He has been out of the game for almost a year. He will have to play a lot of matches just to get the match fitness.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Two Gary Neville threads merged now ...

Both are articles from News sites ...

Neither have a source ...

Hafiz, RD4L if you can remember to add the source from now on thanks ...

We have had enough problems with this already ...

My nerves can't take any more ... ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts