Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite AC Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti's declaration that Gennaro Gattuso was 100% certain to stay at the San Siro, rumours in Italy indicate that he could be en route to Manchester United...

United coach Alex Ferguson is said to be a huge admirer of the former Rangers man, and would love to bring him to Old Trafford.

To that end the Red Devils are alleged to be preparing a bumper four-year contract worth €3.8m (£3m) per annum for the veteran.

However, the rossoneri are not willing to let the effervescent 30-year-old go without a fight. Any potential suitor would need to part with a figure well in excess of the €12.6m (£10m) that has been mooted by the press so far.

Other interested clubs include Rangers, Real Madrid and Bayern München.

Meanwhile Clarence Seedorf is said to be considering moves to Bayern or Valencia, while misfit forward Alberto Gilardino could switch to Sampdoria, Fiorentina or Roma.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=666326

I Hope we'll not get him.
I hate him..

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
nope. definitely not needed. we have enough quality players in the central midfield already. but he might bring the bite lacking when we played against boro and blackburn.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Gennaro Gattuso's is exactly the last player on earth that United need right now. There's absolutely no chance for a club to spend over £10million on an ageing player whose position is already more than covered in the squad. If given the chance to snap him up 3-4 years ago, I wouldn't even consider it and take him immediately. Now? Deffo' not! ;)

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
gattuso has to be one the hardest working midifield players in the world but his heart is ac milan I would wonder whether he would have that heart for anyother club.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
he's linked with us every summer! :rolleyes:

Great player, but we've got Carrick and Hargo........great player, but we've got
players for his position, and age is a key factor...

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
thats right, its like almost every summer. i would go for him the season we got carrick, or maybe last season before we got hargo. but not this summer. carrick is looking great, he's like another pirlo. hargo is our very own gattuso. maybe carrick and hargo can be the next pirlo/gattuso combination. :D

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Yeah......if we were to get him, it should've been the season we signed Carrick.

Too late now........movng on! ;)

BTW, I'm not disregarding him in anyway, so don't pummel me with complaints! :p
He's an outstanding player!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
good player but too old for united......we have good CM now and he is not right for us now......should have bought him earlier......and united needs more attacking mids and not defensive mids....

·
Banned
10 Posts
tranfers

I think that we need a striker rather than a midfielder but if we spend money in midfielders we have to buy young ones like Veloso and motinho who are also linked with us .

Huntelaar
veloso
motinho
alves/ramos
garay
are who i would love to see in United

·
Banned
7 Posts
Do we need the Italian???

Man Utd had linked with Gattuso,
Do we need him?
in there're many midfield players in our team,
and when he was in Ranger,
he could't play as a midfield,
and he had to play back wing right.
maybe Sir buy him to let him play midfield and Hargereaves come to right:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
na i dont think we need him!! if we didnt have hargreaves i would have said yes!! but we have hargreaves, so its a no for me!!!!!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i dont thiunk so...too old and AC Milan will ask for omr moey IMO.....one of tehri star players but he is not needed at Utd...we have hargo,scholes,carrick,anderson,fletcher etc in CM and youth players like possebon to ocome into the team ans except scholes all of them are quite young...and we are expected to buy moutinho and veloso too....so if we do buy them why do we need gattuso???

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
definetely not...we have a lot of midfilders..and if we realy would need one of his position..Miguel Veloso would be a much better solution...

Z

·
0 Posts
Moved to the correct forum.

Sir Alex is building a team for the future and a 30
year old doesn't fit into that criteria.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts