Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read; BBC - Newsbeat - Entertainment - Gazza criticises alcohol ban plan
Then comment.

Stupid really, he stated that players are under a lot of pressure and need to relax. There are a lot of other, worth things they can do to relax, and big clubs like Manchester United have a lot of facilities that helps them to do so. Alcohol, and here i am not mentioning cigarettes and drugs too, should be nowhere near sports, let alone near these professionals whom football is their only, main job. They know what they are going into, paparazzi is only a small price you have to pay when you`re playing in one of the best clubs in Europe, earning millions and having the nearly perfect life in the people's eyes. He said himself that he is still trying to make up for what he lost in 2008, is players losing their career because of alcohol is what he wants?

I know some of you will take this subject with a pinch of salt, but here's someone whose talking about the pressure he already had, what he tried to do is drinking to forget, and now? He's trying to get back what he has lost.

I'm surprised, and shocked. He should have known better.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Read; BBC - Newsbeat - Entertainment - Gazza criticises alcohol ban plan
Then comment.

Stupid really, he stated that players are under a lot of pressure and need to relax. There are a lot of other, worth things they can do to relax, and big clubs like Manchester United have a lot of facilities that helps them to do so. Alcohol, and here i am not mentioning cigarettes and drugs too, should be nowhere near sports, let alone near these professionals whom football is their only, main job. They know what they are going into, paparazzi is only a small price you have to pay when you`re playing in one of the best clubs in Europe, earning millions and having the nearly perfect life in the people's eyes. He said himself that he is still trying to make up for what he lost in 2008, is players losing their career because of alcohol is what he wants?

I know some of you will take this subject with a pinch of salt, but here's whose talking about the pressure he already had, what he tried to do is drinking to forget, and now? He's trying to get back what he has lost.

I'm surprised, and shocked. He should have known better.
Oh my God.

Alcohol and sports go together like spaghetti and meatballs. Peanut butter and Jelly. Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole. Mary and Joseph. Jordan and Pippen. Gretzky and Kurri.

G

·
Have you been drinking Roxii ? :confused: :eek:

I'm struggling to understand anything you've wrote there. :rofl:

I'll try reading it again when i've had a few beers, see if it makes more sense. :rofl:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I think she meant Alcohol shouldn't be near any of the professional footballers in todays professional game and any other sport for that matter? Dunno I could be wrong.

Of course Alcohol and sport is a great mixture for us Fans.
Sure what other way would ya want it. :D

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Exactly, and he knows that ;)
*pats himself on the back for being correct*

Yeah that's true.
Gazza has done well though and is recovering well recently. He still will never have his like anywhere back to normal and I find it odd that he doesn't agree with that Alcohol Ban. Since it did mess his life up.

Still it's easy for us to criticise footballers. Who knows what personal problems they face off the pitch.
It's all about who has a strong enough character at the end of the day.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.