Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got this? i got it yesterday for my birthday, but when i play it after like 2 minutes (sometimes less) i get an error message saying it has encounted an error and has to close.

My PC has all the requirements to play it.
Its annoying cause its a class game i really want to play. Iv done a lot of things to try make it work, iv ended all other apllications before playing it and i did this thing where you boot the computer but it doesn't load up any files/programs on startup, but it still didn't work properly.

Any ideas why its not working? Im pretty sure its not anything to do with the disc by the way.

Z

·
0 Posts
Make sure all of your GFX drivers are up to date.

If drivers isn't the problem then it may have been messed up during installation. Uninstall the game and then turn your anti-virus off and install it again. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im pretty sure the drivers are up to date lol

well i changed a few settings and i downloaded a patch. It is now working and isnt freezing etc but it is still rather jittery. And since this is a shooting game, its rather annoying trying to get your shots on target while the game is stuttering!

Any ideas how how to fix this?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Is you graphic card created by nVidia or Ati (AMD-Ati)?

Some games are better optimalized for nVidia (Doom 3, Crisis...), some for Ati (Half-Life 2).

While I was playing Crisis, I encountered problems with Anti-Aliasing - when it was ON, the framerate was pretty awful (1-2 all the time), but when I turned it off, the gameplay was completely smooth (40+). (I have Ati).

I'll have Gears of War in several days, I wonder whether there will be the same problem or not.

Call of Duty 4 requires DirectX 9.0c, which I already had on my pc, but the game used to freeze from time to time UNTIL I installed DirectX bundled with the game.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my graphics card is the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

the requirment for Gears of War is NVIDIA GeForce 6600 +

·
Registered
782 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
:eek: crap......my dad said weve got the requirments

hmmm no idea what il do now then..
Virtually you meet the requirements.

It ensures, that you will run the game, but not that the gameplay will be smooth.

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
Just lower all the settings. Nothing else you can do. BTW your dad probably isnt an expert at graphics cards so dont believe him just because the number on your card is higher :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts