Manchester United Talk banner

General Worldwide Football Quiz

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  fazman 
#1 ·
"If you think you know all about the beautiful game, then take this quiz of a mixed football variety." ;)

1. Who scored for Italy in their 3rd group match against Mexico in the 1994 World Cup in Washington, which finished in a 1-1 draw?

2. Which of team eliminated Arsenal from the UEFA Cup in 1997?

3. When Republic of Ireland played Spain in the 2002 World Cup, Ian Harte missed a penalty. Who put the follow up wide?

4. Who was the first ever 1 million pound player?

5. I was born in 1962 in Great Britain. I played for Sunderland in 1981 but the majority of my career was spent at one of biggest supported clubs in the UK. I made my international debut in 1986 and scored my country's only goal in the 1996 European Championships. Who am I?

6. "When you exchange shirts, the shirt you get is usually sweaty and stinks. The one I got from Beckham smelled of cologne." Which famous player said that?

7. When Garrincha played for Brazil, between 1958 and 1966, the team almost never lost. During his career, Garrincha's side suffered only a single loss. Who defeated Garrincha's team and by what score?

8. Which following player's club team manager, once famously banned him from eating fish and chips, to try and curb his growing weight problem?

- Pele
- Maradona
- Rooney
- Ronaldo

9. Guess the player with the anagram given: A NERD RODENT RAN

10. What position did Luciano Pavarotti (one of the 3 tenors) play in his younger days?

See less See more
#5 ·
1.Danniele Massaro- Ireland were in that group and we beat Italy :)
2.Im thinking it was THAT goal from Nayim...?
3.Remember this vividly, Kevin Kilbane you plonker :-(
4.Trevor Francis
5.Ally McCoist
6.Gazza?
7.Argies? by 2-1?
8.Maradona
9.Darren Anderton
10.Keeper

#6 ·
Jazz 16 said:
1.Danniele Massaro- Ireland were in that group and we beat Italy :)
2.Im thinking it was THAT goal from Nayim...?
3.Remember this vividly, Kevin Kilbane you plonker :-(
4.Trevor Francis
5.Ally McCoist
6.Gazza?
7.Argies? by 2-1?
8.Maradona
9.Darren Anderton
10.Keeper
Yeah, I was going to say him. Sad memories.

I said, imagine if the ref gave us 2 penalties...LOL

then we get two penalties :eek:

#8 ·
red_devils4life said:
"If you think you know all about the beautiful game, then take this quiz of a mixed football variety." ;)

1. Who scored for Italy in their 3rd group match against Mexico in the 1994 World Cup in Washington, which finished in a 1-1 draw?
baggio
benfica
3. When Republic of Ireland played Spain in the 2002 World Cup, Ian Harte missed a penalty. Who put the follow up wide?
robbie keane
trevor francis
5. I was born in 1962 in Great Britain. I played for Sunderland in 1981 but the majority of my career was spent at one of biggest supported clubs in the UK. I made my international debut in 1986 and scored my country's only goal in the 1996 European Championships. Who am I?
ally mccoist
6. "When you exchange shirts, the shirt you get is usually sweaty and stinks. The one I got from Beckham smelled of cologne." Which famous player said that?
ronaldo
7. When Garrincha played for Brazil, between 1958 and 1966, the team almost never lost. During his career, Garrincha's side suffered only a single loss. Who defeated Garrincha's team and by what score?
germany ( beckenbaur)
8. Which following player's club team manager, once famously banned him from eating fish and chips, to try and curb his growing weight problem?

- Pele
- Maradona
- Rooney
- Ronaldo has to be ronaldo

darren anderton
10. What position did Luciano Pavarotti (one of the 3 tenors) play in his younger days?
he was a goalkeeper

the answers are below the questions

#9 ·
Keano4taoiseach said:
Yeah, I was going to say him. Sad memories.

I said, imagine if the ref gave us 2 penalties...LOL

then we get two penalties :eek:
I watched that game with about 25 mates and at the start of the game
I had a feeling that Ian Harte would miss a peno so I said it to a few people.
It was a weird premonition that came true, and when we got the peno I just
knew he would miss, that I didnt even get excited. A few of my mates still blame me for that.:rolleyes:

#12 ·
1. Daniele Massaro

2. PAOK Salonika

3. Kevin Kilbane

4. Giuseppe Savoldi (Trevor Francis was the very first £1m player from the Great Britain, not the whole world.)

5. Ally McCoist

6. Luis Ronaldo

7. 3-1 to Hungary

8. Wayne Rooney

9. Darren Anderton ( Well, I guess this the really easiest one huh?)

10. Goalkeeper (Nobody with common sense could get this wrong)

#13 ·
red_devils4life said:

baggio
palma
robbie keane
trevor francis
ally mccoist
ronalfo
portugal

- Pele
- Maradona
- Rooney
- Ronaldo

maradona

darren anderton
goalkeeper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.