he was a goalkeeperred_devils4life said:"If you think you know all about the beautiful game, then take this quiz of a mixed football variety."
1. Who scored for Italy in their 3rd group match against Mexico in the 1994 World Cup in Washington, which finished in a 1-1 draw?
2. Which of team eliminated Arsenal from the UEFA Cup in 1997?
3. When Republic of Ireland played Spain in the 2002 World Cup, Ian Harte missed a penalty. Who put the follow up wide?
4. Who was the first ever 1 million pound player?
5. I was born in 1962 in Great Britain. I played for Sunderland in 1981 but the majority of my career was spent at one of biggest supported clubs in the UK. I made my international debut in 1986 and scored my country's only goal in the 1996 European Championships. Who am I?
6. "When you exchange shirts, the shirt you get is usually sweaty and stinks. The one I got from Beckham smelled of cologne." Which famous player said that?
7. When Garrincha played for Brazil, between 1958 and 1966, the team almost never lost. During his career, Garrincha's side suffered only a single loss. Who defeated Garrincha's team and by what score?
germany ( beckenbaur)
8. Which following player's club team manager, once famously banned him from eating fish and chips, to try and curb his growing weight problem?
- Ronaldo has to be ronaldo
9. Guess the player with the anagram given: A NERD RODENT RAN
10. What position did Luciano Pavarotti (one of the 3 tenors) play in his younger days?
the answers are below the questions