Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot belive some people.We lost one game which we played very badly in and now there are 6 or 7 threads slating this n that,the manager,the keeper,rooney,tevez,the weather the grass,the ref ,the sky,the trees.....SERIOUSLY GET A GRIP YOU LOT.we are in pretty much the same position as last season in regards to points/perfromances.We didnt really deserve the win at Anfield last season (although it was great)but we got it,and now ,we got beat on a day of bad performances all round and the whole forum falls to ****.So much for Keep The Faith & BELIEVE................................rant over.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Z

·
0 Posts
People have their opinions and although I don't agree with a lot of them I don't let it bother me. If everybody agreed on every topic there would be no need for a forum because there would be no debate.

As it stands, we had some threads spring up after the defeat which sparked a lot of discussion, which is what the forum is for.

Basically what I'm saying is don't let other people's opinions get to you :)

Z

·
0 Posts
It's a bad day for us, the whole team played awfully and people are venting their frustration that's all.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
I cannot belive some people.We lost one game which we played very badly in and now there are 6 or 7 threads slating this n that,the manager,the keeper,rooney,tevez,the weather the grass,the ref ,the sky,the trees.....SERIOUSLY GET A GRIP YOU LOT.we are in pretty much the same position as last season in regards to points/perfromances.We didnt really deserve the win at Anfield last season (although it was great)but we got it,and now ,we got beat on a day of bad performances all round and the whole forum falls to ****.So much for Keep The Faith & BELIEVE................................rant over.:mad::mad:::
Me too:(
I nearly got sick when i logged after the match!!
We were bet by the better team on the day, we will get them another day!
Its not the end of the world, nobodies fault either, we are only human and it woudnt be right if we beat Liverpool everytime we play them( as much as i want to) I dunno what to say.........

i Agree this forum jumps on band wagons, if we play good and win 3-0 everyone says we are the greatest team on the planet and 7 days later if we lose everybody gives out, we have to take a defeat win it happens

Z

·
0 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Me too:(
I nearly got sick when i logged after the match!!
Its not the end of the world, nobodies fault either, we are only human and it woudnt be right if we beat Liverpool everytime we play them( as much as i want to) I dunno what to say.........

i Agree this forum jumps on band wagons, if we play good and win 3-0 everyone says we are the greatest team on the planet and 7 days later if we lose everybody gives out, we have to take a defeat win it happens
I disagree. Some do jump on bandwagons but most don't. Members with contrasting opinions is what makes a good forum.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
All im saying is the same people that slag us now will boast and brag the loadest come the end of the season when we win things!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
I cannot belive some people.We lost one game which we played very badly in and now there are 6 or 7 threads slating this n that,the manager,the keeper,rooney,tevez,the weather the grass,the ref ,the sky,the trees.....SERIOUSLY GET A GRIP YOU LOT.we are in pretty much the same position as last season in regards to points/perfromances.We didnt really deserve the win at Anfield last season (although it was great)but we got it,and now ,we got beat on a day of bad performances all round and the whole forum falls to ****.So much for Keep The Faith & BELIEVE................................rant over.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Any chance you might be tarring an awful lot of people with a very big brush here?

I for one have laid out a clear idea of what I thought went wrong and why. No grass , or refs , no excuses , just what I see. The fact that we got beat means that I am more emotional and frustrated so it makes you want to post. I have faith that we will be up there but I am getting bored of the passive nature of our play sometimes. I said the same thing about both games against Barca even though we won.

I'm no doom merchant. I just want to understand why we play like that sometimes (ie negative , low intensity , no tackling nonsense). For me it's the fact that Liverpud didn't have to do that much to win that rankles. Have a close look at the Babel goal to see what I mean. You will see at least two occassions in the build up where a Liverpuddle is surrounded by 3 United players without so much of a whiff of a challenge. This all happened before the Giggs stupidity. If you ask me , that's worrying.

My theory is that it worries you too and you are just a hissed off about us standing there admiring their boots while they score against us. Maybe you just deal with it differently? I'm holding on very well at the moment. My grip is fine.

What I don't understand about the " get a grip " brigade is how easily you deal with it. If we had had a go at them and lost then that's far less painful than what happened today. Conceding to a scuffed Babel shot after waltzing around like grannies on valium does not fill my chest with pride.

Roy Keane once said something about how he couldn't understand how his teammates could be laughing the night of a defeat. It hurt him. It should hurt you more.

·
Registered
376 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
All im saying is the same people that slag us now will boast and brag the loadest come the end of the season when we win things!!!
I'm not slagging anyone. I say what I see. What did you see today? Did it make you proud? If you had the ability to be out there in a United shirt would you have stood and watched while the dreaded Liverpud passed through your team? Roy Keane would have not stood for that.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
The man is right!!!!!!!!

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
i wanted to make up such thread to tell all the Slaters to sod off and stop slagging Fergie and Co

but am not brave enough to do that as i will find 3000 person winding up and swearing at me

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
desmondo said:
I'm not slagging anyone. I say what I see. What did you see today? Did it make you proud? If you had the ability to be out there in a United shirt would you have stood and watched while the dreaded Liverpud passed through your team? Roy Keane would have not stood for that.
Roy Keane would love some of the comments here aswell!!!
Roy Keane would want people to bounce back and forget this match and beat Villareal and at least get a result against Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can blame this and that untill the cows come home but its really simple...... We havnt hit 5th gear yet!

Get over it, Liverpool beat us because the were better!

What you said has no logic, nobody stood back!
Question
Do you know how many frees and yellow cards we give away???????

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Basically, if we express opinions when the team win, its only fair we express opinions when the team lose.

When the players performances aren't great, and we feel they aren't good enough, we are entitled to express our opinions. What went wrong, what went right, what we feel we should be doing instead.

And it doesn't matter what happened last season in terms of results, points etc. Every season is different, and I honestly don't think we can afford to fall behind this year. Though I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ref

your right. Scouse will necer win the league with a liver bird but com on if anything the midfield should have adapted to 5 and left berba up front to cope with scouse wide action. But you must admit the ref was **** and Edwin learned from his mistake and i never loose faith or blame fergie :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Wow. I am not sure we were watching the same game. After the opening goal, when nearly every one of our guys ran out of steam playing out of position, Liverpool pretty much dominated, especially in the second half. When the game started, on paper, I didn't think they'd have a chance. Every one of our starters today (except Anderson) are world class and, of their starting eleven, I would have only said that about Alonso and Carragher. When we opened with the goal I figured that was it, especially with such an incredible eleven. God was I wrong.

I not only think we should be able to complain loudly about this game, I think it is imperative (if only for my mental stability):

1. Everyone knows it is the head-to-head match-ups among the big four that decide the title and we lost the one away match we were most likely to claim 3 points from (remember the margin last year).
2. Save for Ronaldo, we had our best possible team out there and we stunk.
3. We were utterly exhausted within 30 minutes. Of the starters only Rooney, Ferdinand, Berbatov, Brown and Vidic had the qualifiers to blame. With the number of competitions going on, our stars better get used to playing on 3 days rest.
4. We looked utterly outclassed and immature by the weakest of the big four, missing by far their two most important players.
5. Despite having our three best holding midfielders on the field, not one of them did any holding. Liverpool seemed to dominate central possesion. I really don't know how. Credit goes to Alonso I guess.

I have no doubt we'll recoup and SAF, VDS and Giggs will avoid the same mistakes but it is no doubt really disappointing.

Lastly, does anyone want to tell me why, despite the presence of the three of the world's best strikers, Anderson seemed more often than not to be the most forward player? A teenager who has never scored for Man U. What a screwed up game.

Yuck.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
manutd004 said:
Basically, if we express opinions when the team win, its only fair we express opinions when the team lose.

When the players performances aren't great, and we feel they aren't good enough, we are entitled to express our opinions. What went wrong, what went right, what we feel we should be doing instead.

And it doesn't matter what happened last season in terms of results, points etc. Every season is different, and I honestly don't think we can afford to fall behind this year. Though I hope I'm wrong.
well said mate, well said

i must admit i wernt happy with the way we played but the world hasnt ended

were still man united, were still prem and CL holders one loss means nothing

fair enuf i accept loosing to liverpool is a awful feeling which i know we all hate

there wasnt many good things to take out of the game but well improve i have faith in my team and will trust fergie and the players untill my heart stops beating

people complane about thing hay it could be worse we could be fighting relegation but were not so whats all the worry about

were a far better team than we were 3 years ago and we shall continue to improve and we will win some and loose some but after all isnt that the beauty of football???

·
Registered
734 Posts
i agree with you in some ways but as much as i loved VDS i think its time for him to move on and hopefully coach our keepers. hes passed it. no one should ever give out about fergie ever he is the greatest.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts