Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
people should just leave him alone imo. He clearly is a striker, second of first does not matter. If his finishing was good enough last year, nobody would be making such a fuss about what his favoured position is or more importantly, about him covering alot of the pitch. Truth is, each season he plays the majority as a central figure, united always have players out wide but where rooney decides to roam to is his decision off his football intelligence.

It does not help his development as a player either when he is touted as the white pele which is clearly rubbish or was wayyy overhyped when he was younger being touted as the best player on the planet already when people like ronaldinho were miles ahead of both ronaldo and rooney at the time. This type of stuff is terrible for a players development. At the end of the day, rooney is doing fine as he is, he clearly is not the best player in the world nor is he the best striker in the world or second striker but he has been hampered also through injuries. Another thing is that he needs to get through a season without interruptions like injury and we'll see a better rooney on the pitch. He started bright against newcastle then faded off as he was starting to get marked and he is less effective without space.

That is why i have always said that for rooney is it more important that ronaldo plays because ronaldo naturally attracts 2-3 players atleast on him and opens up space for others like rooney and ronaldo can deal with it and still be world class and with that space created, rooney can still be effective.

Rooney has played one game for united this season...I dont see why all this fuss has been created for. He was decent last year but had injuries and seems fine this year. Let him get into a groove first before we judge the guy soo harshly!

pz

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
versa said:
Cool it mate. Nobody is judging him or slagging him in this forum. Even Fergie and Capello have openly acknowledged and wondered aloud how to best utilise him. This is just a forum for us fans to chip in our 2 cents' worth. Just leaving him alone to his own device does not serve any purpose in a forum.
No i agree with you, i just think the guy is one game into the season and people are making it out like he has had a stinker already. Give him a few games before we start making something big over nothing.

Last season many people said we needed a striker, it would haunt us when the going gets tough, it would cost us in our challenge etc but we are european and english champs. I just think people are overreacting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts