Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I think the fact that every game we lost last year had something in common: No Wayne Rooney, proves how good and important he really is.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
versa said:
Nobody is also doubting his importance and quality but I am sure he can be more effective than he is.
Me too, if we had a target man he could play off of, or if he could just stay glued to that spot right on the arc and not come up until he's put offside, he'd score a lot more.

Note: Before anyone else corrects me, I now remember that Rooney did play against Chelsea at the end of the season when we lost to them (and scored) but he was really banged up in that game.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
versa said:
Interestingly, when he first stormed the football scene, he did not work as hard as he is doing now, coming back deep into our half to collect the ball and start things. Ironically, I thought he was more effective as a forward then.
My point exactly. He had Ruud to hold up the ball back then too. Once we get that out-and-out goalscorer (maybe I should say "if" :mad: ) I think he'll revert back to his old ways and get us 20-30 a year, depending on how much he plays.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts