Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United midfielder Darron Gibson has played down rumours of a summer move to Fulham.

Gibson was part of United's Carling Cup winning team earlier this month, but has yet to make an impact at Premier League level.

Reports claimed Fulham boss Roy Hodgson was showing an interest ahead of a potential end-of-season swoop for the Republic of Ireland international.

However, Gibson has brushed off the speculation and has no plans to bring an end to the learning process at Old Trafford.
Really happy

"I never heard anything (of the Fulham interest)," he said in the Irish Examiner. "But I am really happy where I am for the minute.

"This season I have been involved a lot more than last season or the season before.

"I've learned about how Man United play and about how the manager works."

The 21-year-old has made two substitute appearances in the Premier League this season and is eager to be more involved in Sir Alex Ferguson's plans.

He added: "It is the next step for me. I am pushing at the moment, but I haven't really got my chances.

"Hopefully I can push a bit more in the next few games and get my chance in the league."

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Gibson happy at United

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
hmmm as much as i like gibson he is never going to make it in our midfield as we have to many players that would step infront of him. its a shame cause the lads a really good footballer that you can tell plays for the right reasons and has some caps for ireland already.

i think a team like fulham would be more suitable for his career and 5-6 mil would def be a decent amount for the lad

got a feeling we wont see him go this summer tho i think his another fletcher, oshea type player that fergie loves

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
don't want to discuss...just sell him...
:confused:
why are you on a forum if you don't want to discuss?

i've always said of gibson that he hasn't quite got the united quality, but he's scored a couple of goals in the handful of games he's played so fair play, and he got man of the match in one of the fa cup aways, so he's doing ok. he won't ever be a top level united player, but he'll make the grade at a solid top league side. i think he can maybe get a couple more years and just see if he develops extraordinarily, otherwise he'll be your average £4-5m midfielder in a year or so

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
he wont make it here unfortunately hes what 6th choice maybe 7th choice midfielder and out of those Scholes and Giggs are the only two who are "getting on" so to speak!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I wonder how long will he be happy in manchester until we hear him seeking elsewhere for first team football just like Rossi, Pique, Eagles and etc. Sad it is but there is nothing much we can do with the players we have currently. I guess it will take him more than just being lucky to break thru but still all the best to him. Delighted if he managed to break thru & sorry if he has to leave but not expecting too much hope on him other than being another squad player.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'd feel more comfortable with him in the team than Anderson. But I still don't rate him, he could become a Fletcher-style squad player though.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Gibson isn't good enough to make it as a United player, even though fergie has tipped him as a bright prospect. It's just to give him confidence.

He's better off moving to a club like Fulham..

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
5 million for someone who will be a squad player for us for years to come would be a more than reasonable amount and being at a mid table club would be far more beneficial to Gibson in the long run

1 - 18 of 18 Posts