Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just days after making his Premier League debut and picking up his fourth Republic of Ireland cap, Darron Gibson is hungry for more action.

The 21-year-old midfielder slotted in seamlessly as a substitute against Stoke last weekend, and then clocked up another 73 minutes of international football on Wednesday as the Irish lost 3-2 at home to Poland.

"Playing with Ireland has done me good," said Gibson. "If I am playing at international level then it puts me in his (Sir Alex Ferguson's) mind, that I can do a job for him if I'm needed.

"I've been working hard in training and the manager has been telling me to keep doing what I have been doing and when the chance comes, to grab it with both hands.

"It's easier coming into a team with such good players as they are all very experienced. They can all help you out and I enjoyed it against Stoke. I think I did quite well."

Having enjoyed loan spells at Antwerp and Wolves in recent seasons, Gibson is happy to remain at Old Trafford and wait for further senior openings.

"I'm just going to bide my time and hopefully the chance comes and I can take it," he said. "There were a few injuries at the start of the season so I think he was a bit wary of players going out on loan in those positions. I stayed and hopefully the chances will keep coming.

"Although I am not playing a lot, I'm happy training with the first team as they are the best players in the world. I'm still learning a lot and still improving as a player."

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6622820

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've seen him once or twice in pre-seasons last few years. A great passer of the ball and a master of lange range goals! Looked pretty comfortable on Saturday.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
i like the lad, he is a decent footballer, however he wont make it at united.
the competition amongst the younger lads is intense, and with the established players also in his way, i just cant see a way in for him, for all his qualites on the ball he lacks pace , strength and the ability to dominate games.
he would do very well at a mid table club.

id be happy if he proved me wrong.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I agree with keanefella. I like Gibson but i don't think he has all the qualities to
make it in our midfield. I'd say Possebon is ahead of him in the pecking order of
youngsters coming thru and he we have Anderson is very young as well. Plus he
has Carrick Hargo and Fletch to get by who all have many many years left in
them. Again i'd love to be proved wrong but i think he will be a good middle table
Premier league player.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
to be truthful i haven't really seen him and it will be very hard for him to break through but if he is a master of long range goals ,then he could have a great chance of making it at utd , because it is utds weakness our midfielders are not scoring enough ,ronaldo scores most of the goals and i class him as a wing/forward but our central midfield type players are a bit dissapointing in their goal tally.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I said it before. gibson looks like a pub player. I rarely talk bad about united players, but him & eagles were doing my head in at the start of season. Cause the majority were saying eagles could be the next beckham, gibson could a united player for a long time. I said eagles would be nothing than a championship player and what is he now? Now im calling it again, Start of next season, gibson will be a championship player. Altough he does nothing wrong, (just like eagles), he hasn't got that united factor about him & please don't defend him by saying he is an international, cause players like keith andrews are internationals too, are you saying he's worthy of putting on the united shirt. My point is, gibson, just like a few of our youngsters in the past, are at the right place at the right time. The difference is, he will not take his chance, cause he's not that good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts