Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having featured in United's last two first team matches, Darron Gibson is itching for further involvement as the business end of the season begins.

The Irish international was a scoring substitute in the Reds' FA Cup win at Southampton on Sunday, and started Wednesday night's Carling Cup defeat at Derby County.

"I must admit I'm buzzing at the minute," the midfielder told the Derry Journal. "The manager seems to be keeping his faith in me and I intend to do everything I can to stay in his plans. I hope I can continue to make an impression.

"I'm getting a lot more chances this season and the longer we stay in the FA Cup - and if we can reach the Carling Cup Final - then the more chances of first team action I'm going to get. And as the season goes on I might even get more opportunities in the league, which is what I'm aiming for."

Gibson's strike at St Mary's was his first senior goal for the Reds, and he puts the effort down to the extra hard yards he's put in at Carrington this season.

"I've been working extremely hard in training and have been trying to improve on my finishing," he said. "I'm trying to get into the box a lot more often.

"This was my first time playing in the FA Cup with Manchester United and it was totally different. It was the biggest game of my career to date. I really enjoyed the experience, especially getting on the scoresheet."

ManUtd.com

Will he get another chance to prove he's worth as a ManUtd player.....For me, he is a decent player and if he want his career to move on, I really think he should start thinking of joining other club....

Discuss

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I was surprised Fergie left him on for the full 90 minutes against Derby. That was a real show of faith by the manager. He seems to be ahead of Possebon in the pecking order at the moment so perhaps there is a future for him at United. I'm not convinced but he's already an Irish international so if Fergie and Trappatoni believe in him who am I to argue?

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
He was shocking when he played for Ireland. I heard Fergie saying the other day that he was one of the best players against Derby. Not from what I saw.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
16-Keano-16 said:
I heard Fergie saying the other day that he was one of the best players against Derby.
Tbf, that's not much of a compliment! It's like saying he was slightly above crap!!!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
he played well against Southampton...agains Derby everyone played badly...so i expect to see more from Gibo...he won't be given as many chances as Rafael or Evans but it would be nice to se him more in the first team. Thoug i think Fergie shouldn't use him like a right midfilelder.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
imo hes a lower level premiership player or else a big team in championship player! theres not enough about him to suggest he will make it here! hope im wrong though would be great to have another irishman in the squad week in week out

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
16-Keano-16 said:
He was shocking when he played for Ireland. I heard Fergie saying the other day that he was one of the best players against Derby. Not from what I saw.
Yeah, why he wasn't subbed is beyond me......haven't seen much from him that would suggest he will ever be a first teamer.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
moondog said:
Yeah, why he wasn't subbed is beyond me......haven't seen much from him that would suggest he will ever be a first teamer.
me either and definatly not as a right winger he seems lost out there even more so then usual! he likes to keep it simple but tbh you cant survive wiith just keeping it simple at the biggest club in the world theres time you gotta produce abit of magic and evryone here has it i think with gibson i dont see it!...hopefully he will prove me wrong

1 - 12 of 12 Posts