Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul Scholes the best?

can i have some other peoples views on my opinion that Paul Scholes is the best midfielder in the premier league... ok i know that the likes of gerrard and lampard are quality but never have i seen anyone make the game look as easy as scholesy does. he is so comfortable on the ball it seems he has more time on it than anyone else does, and he never wastes an opportunity. he is flawless (apart from the odd tackle).

·
Registered
854 Posts
Obviously he means centre mid. I forgot how gud sclolesy was till the other nite. Sure I miss the old scholesy who didn't stop scoring a few years bac but his game has adapted so well. The other nite he looked for the ball non-stop off the defenders. All his long passes hit their target. He is a master class and seeing him beside Anderson in midfield would giv me goosebumps.

He is the best midfielder in England. Lampard and Gerrard aren't as calm on the ball and lose the ball mor often. I've never seen a player make the game look so easy than our scholesy. Long live the ginger prince.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think if he could tackle he would have got alot more praise from other fans, they seem to be blind to how good he is. I dont know why he has not won more awards than he has he is the most natrual footballer i have seen at OT he makes the game look so easy never gives the ball away.

Long live the Ginger ninja

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
GENIUS!!! one of the best I've ever seen, head and shoulders above silver bullet Gerrard and fat frank lampost

Fibreglass is the next scholesy!! quality player!!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
^ Anderson is the next Scholesy eoininho :)

Scholes is just a class act, O what would they say if only he had been born in Rio ;)

He would still walk onto that England team, and is possibly the most technically gifted centre midfielders the game has ever seen, he is technically more gifted with his feet than Ronaldo in my humble opinion, taking nothing away from Ronaldo who is also gifted.

With Scholes back, Anderson his successor just in amazing form and Carrick showing at last the reason we bought him for 17 million and Hargreaves showing the grit and determination which could be seen in my namesake, I think we have definitely the best centre midfield in the country.

Scholes has the creativity to unlock teams in any league, any time, any place and no doubt he will we be a valuable, experienced, skillful asset to have come "squeaky bum time".

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Scholes greatest asset is his vision, he has a way of seeing the whole field and pick out players with space. Early in his career he was a great goal scorer but was never a great tackler, thank god he is back. this last game against pompey showed that he is a genius, we had so much movement in that first half.
anderson does have great talent and i hope scholes is teaching him all the trade!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
he has got a great footballing brain, using it to the fullest to rule the midfield. it is as if he can see everybody's movement on the pitch, not only the teammates, but the opponents' as well, that is, in my opinion, his greatest asset and thats y he is so special, u cant find anybody do this job better than he does

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Ronaldo7 said:
Ronaldo isn't a midfielder. The 4 attacking players interchange so much within a game they don't really have a set position where they play.

I agree. Scholes is quality, still got quite a few years left of him.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
scholes reminds me in many ways of deschamps . he was known as the water carrier as he linked defence and attack so fluently . paul picks a pass better than anyone . carrick could be as good if he learns to think a bit more quickly . the ginger ninja truly deserves the title of legend

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has to be the best for me...loove the guy to bits, his footballing ability and vision are 2nd to none.
I also have the luck of my lad playing for the same club as his lad does and believe me is the most down to earth guy you could ever meet...a nice guy all round with plenty of time fpr all the youngsters who flock round when he's around the trining sessions.

·
Registered
61 Posts
as a celtic and utd fan...paul scoles is one of the finest central midfielders that BRITAIN has ever produced,a player whose vision is superb,passing is awesome...a fantastic and loyal servant to manchester united

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree that Scholes has been a loyal servant to the club and that his dedication and hard work are not doubted. However, I think he is past his best now and in all honesty if you had to compare him to the likes of Gerrard and Lampard then you'd have to say they are the better players. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at Scholes I think he's great. But I just think he's nearing the end of his playing career and this shows.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
before posting such a thread do a search on subject, you will almost certainly find it is already covered and well commented upon.

·
Banned
251 Posts
I think it time to retire Giggs and Scholes,yesterdays game at Spurs proved that with Nani and Anderson we have the replacements who are younger and in my opinion better for the team,Anderson willl be a United great,no doubt about that and nani is much more affective than "give the ball away Giggs".
I have also be very dissapointed in Rooney he does not look anything special to me,maybe its because I was brought up on watching players like Duncan Edwards, Roger Byrne, George Best and Bobby Charlton, and I have not even mentioned Denis Law,I mean what could they have done with todays footballs,?
I think we need to let Saha go and replace him with a taller forward to lead the line than we have at the moment.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Nani has done nothing so far to suggest he will ever be more than sub material .

Anderson looks the real deal . Having said that about nani ronaldo looked much like nani does now 18 months ago so maybe im missing something .

As for giggs and scholes Giggs has not had a good full season for about 6 years now .

Scholes however is still world class .

Yesterdays players in todays game is always a good talking point and i think good players will adapt to the era they play in so law and best etc would be good today even though the game is much faster because they would be training using todays methods and kit .

Many of what we would consider world class players have described Duncan Edwards as the best they ever saw so what would he cost in todays transfer market ?

The point about saha is spot on though as we do not have the option to lump it into a big man when games call for it .

Wouldnt drogba be a nice summer signing charles ?

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Hear Hear ...

Give this man a medal and a free beer ... ;)

I've mentioned this a few times and got shouted at LMAO ...

I still say it though ...

No time for 'Fergie's favourite boys' to get special treatment ...

Did Giggs even play yesterday ?

Can't remember and certainly didn't notice if he did.

People complain Nani is not up to the job - well he never will be while we play the
old men and keep the new youngsters out !!

Carrick too - one day good - next day bad - then 3 average days then crap
again ....

Too risky - trade him off against Berba if possible.

Saha too ...

Cant believe we had an offer of 7 Million and said no ffs ... :eek:

Yes Giggs and Scholes are, and always be Old Trafford legends but hey come on -
enough is enough !

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Hear Hear ...

Give this man a medal and a free beer ... ;)

I've mentioned this a few times and got shouted at LMAO ...

I still say it though ...

No time for 'Fergie's favourite boys' to get special treatment ...

Did Giggs even play yesterday ?

Can't remember and certainly didn't notice if he did.

People complain Nani is not up to the job - well he never will be while we play the
old men and keep the new youngsters out !!

Carrick too - one day good - next day bad - then 3 average days then crap
again ....

Too risky - trade him off against Berba if possible.

Saha too ...

Cant believe we had an offer of 7 Million and said no ffs ... :eek:

Yes Giggs and Scholes are, and always be Old Trafford legends but hey come on -
enough is enough !
when giggs and scholes help us to a champions league victory in may i will dig this out to haunt you all . please god lets not sign berbatov as he will turn into a peter davenport or a birtles god forbid . dont say you were not warned . if we do sign him and he excels dig this out and rib me for being a clueless gimp

i know you dont need to refer to threads to know im a clueless gimp . thats spiked the guns !!!:D :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts