Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Id love to see him carrying on playing football for a team in a lower division when he isnt god enough for United.
He has earned the right to do wtf he wants to anyway.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
He will be offered a new deal imo and he will stay for another year with us. The negotiations will last very short time so there's no need for rushing

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Just seen this, i don't blame him for wanting to play for Cardiff, but it would ruin the legacy of Giggs a tiny bit for me if he didn't start and end his career with united.

I want to see him bow out from football at Old Trafford, the place that made him and loved him.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Id love to see him carrying on playing football for a team in a lower division when he isnt god enough for United.
He has earned the right to do wtf he wants to anyway.
Although, you're right with what you are saying, but I'm of the opposite view.

If any player in the whole history of the game of football, is to be a one-club man - it's Ryan Giggs. And at the highest possible level as well - amazing.

One regret from his career is that he has never had the chance to play at a World Cup.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Stephen said:
Although, you're right with what you are saying, but I'm of the opposite view.

If any player in the whole history of the game of football, is to be a one-club man - it's Ryan Giggs. And at the highest possible level as well - amazing.

One regret from his career is that he has never had the chance to play at a World Cup.
Thats true but we all know he wont be good enough to play in our first team if
he's 37-40,
but he will still probably be fit enough to play. Cant begrudge him a few more years
at a lower level IF thats what he wanted.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont think he would want to give up football. I think it will either be lower division or a coaching role.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i have always said giggsy will finish his playing carear at cardiff .and next season cardiff move into a brand new stadium it would be a brilliant move for both parties giggsy will get to play for his home club in an enviroment that he will love ,while cardiff would sell out most games on the back of giggs and the new stadium.
ps cardiff ain't a bad team and just might be in with a chance of being in the premiership.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
cantos red army said:
me too

arent him and garry neville doing their coaching badges at the mo? or am i completly wrong :p
I heard that too. Giggsy and Neville both, and Scholesy too for that matter, they just have to be one-club men.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
piazza said:
I heard that too. Giggsy and Neville both, and Scholesy too for that matter, they just have to be one-club men.
would be great to see our coaching staff in the future if they all become coaches here ole gaz giggsy and scholshey if there all half as good coaching as they are and were players than there goingto be world class!

it would kill me to see any of them in another teams jersey i cant and dont wanna imagine it

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Giggs not ruling out City switch

Ryan Giggs has not ruled out playing for home-town club Cardiff City before he calls time on his illustrious career.

The Manchester United legend is out of contract at Old Trafford this summer and there have, as yet, been no discussions over another extension.

Giggs, who was back to his best in United's 3-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday, has made little secret of his love for his home-town side, although he is in no rush to finalise his future one way or another.

"I always look at Cardiff City's results because they are my home-town team," he told the South Wales Echo.
Unknown future

"I'd like them to be in the Premiership. I have been asked many times whether I would play for my hometown team, although I don't know what the future holds for me.

"My contract ends in May so we will see. At the moment there have not been any talks on a new deal."

City chairman Peter Ridsdale added: "The fact people are prepared to believe we are capable of signing a player like Ryan Giggs does go to show how far Cardiff City has moved forward in recent years."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_4785068,00.html?20090112175346

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
there's a thread about it in man united chat (Y) which i think should probably be in here anyway

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
this title worried me greatly :)
i was glad to read it was only a big club not a massive one that he is considering joining

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Giggs is the best pure left winger ive ever seen. Ronaldo is a better footballer without doubt, has more to his game but as a pure winger, when giggs was young, all he would do ALL game is run down the left flank, no interest in scoring, just run defenders ragged and put in a cross. European nites was the nites to watch giggs basically. What a player when he was young.

I remember there was a poll when i was alot younger for managers across europe of any player they could take to their club and ryan giggs came top of that list. This was years and years back but what a guy!!

He should not even waste managing or anything. Be like a higher type of advisor/ representative to united. Kind of like cryuff for barcelona i believe.

He is such a legend, and such an inspiration for modern players that whatever he does, it should be with united because he is united through and through and we should not let players like him leave us even after they retire.

He can always offer us something, especially for young talents like the next ronaldos etc.

pz!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
If he can still play why leave? If he ever leave united, then i would want it to be for good. I wouldnt want him to end up like Teddy Sheringham tbh. Not saying that it will change the fact that he will be forgotten and not a legend anymore but more to me wanting him to call it a day at the highest level. I know this might sound selfish but he was meant to started off with us and end it with us.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts