Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United could be without their most experienced player for Tuesday's crucial match against Lyon.

Ryan Giggs is still feeling the effects of a calf injury he sustained in the away leg, when he made his 100th UEFA Champions League appearance against the French league leaders.

Sir Alex Ferguson admitted on Monday afternoon: "The one doubt (for Tuesday's match) is Ryan Giggs. The blow he took in the Lyon away game has proved a bit more complicated than we first thought.

"It's held him back from training as much as we'd like. He did a bit this morning, and on Saturday morning - he had Sunday off for treatment - so he is a doubt."

Giggs has missed both of United's domestic matches since the 1-1 draw with Lyon, the 5-1 victory at Newcastle and this weekend's 3-0 win at Fulham.

manutd.com

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
No biggy here. We have pretty much a fully fit squad to choose from.
Some of the main lads were rested on the weekend or only played a
small part. The rest of the lads are in great form, especially Nani who
would be taking Giggs' place, so this is nothing much to be worried about.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Personally im gutted. If he miss this game that will make him miss three game in a row but in term of the team selection, thankfully we are not short of players and that too with most of our players are on form. Yes Giggsy experience might be vital but how many in our team doesnt have that experience playing in a Champions League game? Also I am certain we will have Scholesy in midfield and am sure Ferdinand is more than capable to lead the team out. Let Giggsy have his rest and hopefully he will come back fitter.;)

Z

·
0 Posts
Blessing in disguise I think. If he was fit
Fergie would have started him but Nani
is playing much better and deserves a
start tonight.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
dont know....i think i agree with zuco in this one.....nani has done very well in the past few games and he deserves a game......

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
What about Fletcher? He is doing well too lately...and infact based on latest form, the whole squad do look convincing and we cant start all of them can we ? :p

If we talk about deserve, anderson, carrick hargreaves all i think deserve to start but the problem is, we need to choose..arggg!!! Thank god its sir alex call or else.....:D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
^LMAO, I was actually juz' about to post this before I got banned FFS! :p

Anyway back to the topic, I think that this could actually be a blessing in disguise for United! :eek: Whenever Nani was given an opportunity to shine for the team & show some of his skills, he didn’t disappoint us. There were some glimpses early on in the season, but in recent weeks Nani is starting to look really impressive.
Nani's improvement rate has been suprisingly good for the last couple of weeks, something I didnt expect to happen till next season. He's certainly in great form at the moment, should probably even be ahead of Giggs in the pecking order. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts