Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ryan Giggs has revealed he is enjoying life at Manchester United more than he has ever done.

The former Wales captain collected his 10th Premier League title last term and then a second European Cup thanks to the momentous penalty shoot-out win over Chelsea.
Having previously won the competition in 1999, Giggs is in no doubt he savoured the most recent victory more.

As as the time ticks down on his stellar career, the Cardiff-born star admits he is loving every moment.
"I am enjoying it more than I have ever done - as long as we win," he smiled. "When you are younger, there is another 10 years in front of you, so maybe you don't take it in as much.

"I thought about Moscow a lot more than I did Barcelona in 1999. I knew it could be the last time I played in the Champions League Final. And I will go into games this season thinking it could be the last time I play in the tournament."
Not that Giggs is thinking about quitting. Even though he will celebrate his 35th birthday in November, he retains the ambition required to compete at the top level.

Sir Alex Ferguson may restrict his appearances a bit more once most of his senior players are back in action, but Giggs can sense more glory on the way. And he wants to be part of it.

"This group of players can get better," said Ferguson. "Last season ended unbelievably well, for the team and myself.

"And with the exciting players we have here now, hopefully it can get better. When you look at the potential of this team, it can go on and dominate for the next five or 10 years.

"We saw glimpses of it was capable of last year, the test is now to go on and build on it. And I want to be involved at the start."

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Yeah agree giggsy biggest united legend ever. Really don't want him to retire ever (but can't be much years left in the old boy) true professional.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts