Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ryan Giggs has stressed his priority is ending the season with trophies, rather than breaking Sir Bobby Charlton's appearance record.

Manchester United winger Giggs could surpass Charlton's club landmark by playing in the last Premier League game against Wigan Athletic and the UEFA Champions League final against Chelsea.

Featuring in both of those matches would take Giggs' tally to 759, but the Welshman is more determined to finish the campaign with silverware.

"The record is in the back of my mind but, you never know, I might not play against Chelsea in Moscow or in the League," said Giggs in The People.

But, ultimately, I want to win trophies - that's what matters most.

"When it comes to records I've done my best to play things down. Winning trophies matters most, it's as simple as that.

"That's the sole aim for me and if I pass milestones in the meantime then great.

"For myself, Moscow will be a great occasion because when you get to my age you appreciate it a lot more because there will not be many of these nights.

After 1999, I thought I was going to be involved in more of those nights again.

"But now, at 34, you know you won't get so many, so you enjoy them more.

"We did think there would be more of it after '99 - you had a taste of it and you wanted a taste of it again.

"It's been a long time but, hopefully, we can go out and make it count.

"Chelsea have been our big rivals over the past three or four years, and although it will be a tough game we will be up for it, believe me.

"Being the first United player to win two European Cups would be great for myself, but it would be brilliant for everyone here because the manager has often said United should be winning more European Cups."

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Ryan, we Love you....
well. I think that he must surpass this record...and he will win 3 trophies in this season...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts