Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ryan Giggs has agreed a new one-year contract extension that will keep him at the club until summer 2010.

The new deal extends the 35-year-old midfielder's United career to just a few months short of his 37th birthday, 19 years after making his Reds debut against Everton in the old First Division on 2 March 1991.

Giggs told ManUtd.com he is "delighted to be offered a new contract", adding: "I feel fit and I'm enjoying my football more than ever.

"This is an exciting young team and the spirit is great in the dressing room. I want to be a part of that and achieve even more success.â€

Sir Alex Ferguson added: “Ryan is a true professional of the game; his lifestyle, the way he looks after himself, his desire to always want to win is a credit to him and also an inspiration to any young kid who wants to become a footballer.

"He is like a young boy in the way that he plays and, although he wants to play every game, he understands that by using his experience when it matters is a benefit to him and the team.

"It would be easy for him to be complacent after all he has achieved but he isn't and that speaks volumes of why the club wanted to extend his services and use that experience.â€

Manutd.com

Cheers!

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
:D Great news. Giggsy deserves that. I'm thrilled that we'll see our legend one more year in the red shirt. Model professional and a great person. There aren't much players like him left

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I'm absolutely delighted!!! I found an old black sharp viewcam jersey in my house the other day, it was my older bro's, has Giggs 11 in yellow on the back, gonna get it framed it looks class, has one of the best ever players name on the back

what an absolute LEGEND!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
hardly a shock.....after some of the performances this season he has put in, although not a regular in every game the guy still has enough quality to come in for certain games/or on as a sub and dictate and change the whole match.

giggsy....the neverending story :)

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
I think if he stas in the CM role he could go longer than another season.Anyone else think he will stay on @ OT after his playing career?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Yes, this season his new position has definitely given him a new lease of life imo.

If we continue the way we are concerning the way we're using Giggs, he can continue to offer a lot to the team and the club in general.

·
Registered
616 Posts
One thing about giggsy he's going no where,i think as long as he is still an asset to the club there will always somewhere for him,
made up for him with this new deal,giggsy your the man. :cool:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Fully deserved. He's been excellent in central midfield this season. The number of assists he has proves that but the fact that he started the key game against Chelsea at OT shows that Fergie still regards him as a key player.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Great news! An absolute legend.

Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs
Running down the wing
Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs
Running down the wing
Feared by the Blues, loved by the Reds
Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great news for all Manchester United fans and great news for the club! A great rolemodel for the young players in Manchester United and a legend i the football game!

"...that boy Giggsy, he's won it 10 times."

1 - 20 of 33 Posts