Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giggs laughs at city

"City have the richest owner in the world but I still see United as the biggest club in the world." Come on Ryan, nobody can stop the inevitable transformation from zero to the biggest club in the universe.

"United have a status and history that it has taken years to build up.

"It stretches back to the Busby babes, to players like Sir Bobby Charlton and George Best.

"It will be very interesting to see what happens at City, but what we have at United is very special.

"You see it when we go abroad in pre-season, you appreciate how popular United is.

"We have fans in India, China, South America. That popularity is a result of our history.

"Money can't necessarily get you that."

Well it's already buying them fans, apparently they sold 4,000 season tickets just yesterday via the telephone.

Good job it wasn't our ticket line, 3,999 of them would still be listening to 'United Road take me home....'

Source : rivals.net

S

·
0 Posts
Giggs...Knows the score...

"United have a status and history that it has taken years to build up.

"It stretches back to the Busby babes, to players like Sir Bobby Charlton and George Best

THAT is what makes a club BIG....NOT the amount of cash or money grabbing mercenary players that they sign.

You cannot buy history, status or class.

United is built on that !!

4'000 more JCL glory hunting plastic season ticket holders will NEVER match UNITED.

Oh well, that's another 4,000 fans dressed as blue seats for the next few years anyway. :D

Let's all laugh at Ciddy !!

MANCHESTER IS RED !!!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Giggs: Where's Your History, City?

While the rest of the Premier League glances nervously over their shoulders at Manchester City, Ryan Giggs insists his cross-town rivals are nothing more than new money.

When City's new owners, the Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG), splashed out £32million to prise Robinho away from Real Madrid, their intention was to make a statement of intent.

England has got the message, as the Brazilian superstar's arrival at Eastlands has provoked wary responses from players, pundits and managers across the country.

For instance, Liverpool veteran Jamie Carragher has expressed his concern over ADUG's obvious financial supremacy, while Manchester United forward Carlos Tevez believes the Mancunian derby will now be recognised among the world's greatest.

But Giggs is decidedly less worried, and he insisted that no amount of success over the next few seasons will see the Sky Blues outgrow the Red Devils.

"City have the richest owner in the world but I still see United as the biggest club," the United winger, formerly of City's youth system, told The Guardian.

"United have status and history that has taken years to build up. It stretches back to the days of the Busby Babes, to players like Sir Bobby Charlton and George Best.

"We have fans in India, China, South America. That popularity is a result of our history. Money can't necessarily get you that."

Source: Goal.com

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Al Citteh have history :mad:
they are the first team to have no alcoholic drinks allowed
and the first team where the players and the fans can't eat until the ramadan prayer
see thats history :p

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I was on Goal.com earlier reading about City's mega bid for Buffon (They're Dreaming! :D) & I saw a comment that made me shake my head.

The argument about City having no history as compared to United was raging on. Then one particular comment caught my eye.

"How illustrious is having to play night matches at Maine Road (Citys previous ground) because Utd couldnt afford floodlights?? Hence your nickname THE RAGS. And how illustrious is having your ground not even in Manchester and your fans (like yourself not even from Manchester)? Add that to the fact that Man City (without a trophy in umpteen years) STILL hold the record for the highest match attendance and youll find that Utd success only really began when they floated and became richer than all the other English clubs."

That's just part. At first I was annoyed but after a while I began to feel proud. Sure there was a time we weren't rolling in cash.

It was a great time and we won by simply being better than the opposition. Talent, hard work & moxy. Plenty of moxy. :D

I'm not ashamed of the nickname "The Rags". It all comes to together to weave a history City wish they could have.

"The Busby Babes" now that's history. 1968. 1999. 2008. 3 times without killing anybody. That's pride.

What's wrong with having fans not from Manchester? Also I find it laughable he chose to have a dig at Old Trafford.

We have the "Theater of Dreams" and they have "Eastlands". They can keep their attendance record. it was probably for that Bon Jovi concert a while back. :D

Plus we were successful long before we were rich. Glory Glory! :)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Giggs expects emergence of 'big five'

Ryan Giggs has admitted English football may have to start talking about the big five rather than its traditional big four.

Manchester City gatecrashed the elite quartet in spectacular style on Monday, spending a British record £32.5million on Brazilian superstar Robinho, and with the vast wealth of the Abu Dhabi-based United Group for Development and Investment behind them, Giggs feels it will be very interesting to see how the situation unfolds.

"You just have to appreciate the money they have got," Giggs told Key103.

"Signing Robinho is a big statement to football as a whole because he is a world-class player.

"With the amount of money they have got to spend, the next few years will be interesting and we will just have to wait and see what happens."

Although many clubs, such as Newcastle and Tottenham in recent times, and Leeds beforehand, have spent big without achieving the type of success supporters envisaged, Chelsea are the obvious example of immense wealth bringing trophies.

Yet even Roman Abramovich suffered a false start at Stamford Bridge, firing Claudio Ranieri for not winning major trophies quickly enough, and Giggs does not believe the new-look City will be an overnight success either.

"You can't just buy a team - you need stability and a base to work from," he said.

"But obviously major money can be a big influence because it means you can bring quality to your team."

"Having worked with Mark Hughes as my manager (at Wales) and had him as a team-mate, I know what he is all about. It won't faze him. He is a very good manager."'

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
i think ciddy history is that since 1976 they won nothing lol nothing

hahaha Giggs is our living legend do they have a player like him ???? with so many match played ??

we know that UNITED is here to erase history and create history like soon the erase history of loserpool 18 tittle and soon create another one by winning the world fifa cup that no one have in uk.

we have 10 premiership who else have it in uk no one

we are proud to be UNITED

united we stand

Z

·
0 Posts
dlan4327 said:
Add that to the fact that Man City (without a trophy in umpteen years) STILL hold the record for the highest match attendance
Tell this idiot that City's stadium does indeed hold the record for biggest attendance, but only because United were playing there ;)

Highest attendance, single game: 83,260 Manchester United v. Arsenal (at Maine Road, First Division, 17 January 1948)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Its ok guys, I'm gonna invent the car that runs on water, and buy United. Al Citteh will go bust, as we won't need oil anymore, AND, they'll be no glory hunters at our club, I won't allow it!

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Cant wait to play these fools......... they hate us for been simply better.
We will always be better, lets beat them on the pitch.... i have to look up my fixture list and see when we play these shower of *******:)

·
Registered
734 Posts
they wont come near us money or not what did money get chelsea last year noting all 2nd places, if city play to full potential they could battle it out with chelsea for 2nd but thats about it maybe sneek carling cup if lucky FA, still hope they get 4th over those ****s liverpool, Giggs the legend

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
piazza said:
Its ok guys, I'm gonna invent the car that runs on water, and buy United. Al Citteh will go bust, as we won't need oil anymore, AND, they'll be no glory hunters at our club, I won't allow it!
i wont allow another yank to buy our club :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts