Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Hi
7,245 Posts
Scholes is on the wane a bit I feel. He still has marvellous technique but I think with so many energetic box to box midfielders, he is struggling to make as big an impact as say Giggs who still has space because of more attacking fullbacks etc.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Giggs, words can't describe him anymore, he's been playing at united at the highest level since before I was born ffs, Think he might play on for ever judging by his last two peformances, there is not enough compliments in the world you could pay the lad.

·
Saviour of the Forum
12,868 Posts
Giggsy is like a f*cking whippet down that wing. 37??
He is fitter than most 20 year old's. Scary!

The greatest left winger of my lifetime, perhaps ever!

"This is embarrassing to say but I have cried twice in my life watching a football player; the first one was Roberto (Baggio) and the second was Ryan Giggs."

- Alessandro Del Piero

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I was going to make a post here about Giggs and Scholes but I just don't have the right words to describe them. They just continue to astonish me. Don't know what else to say. Thank you, Ryan and Paul.

·
Sinead O'Connor Look-alike
6,858 Posts
Scholes didn't have the best of games against Blackpool, but that last pass to pick out Berbatov for the winning goal was brilliant. Even when he has a bad game, he can still create a moment of magic which proved vital in us winning the game. Giggs was fantastic again. 37 years old and is still going strong. Can't believe people were saying he is too old! He looks like he is getting younger rather than older. Of course he will have a bad game here and there, every player does, but when he is at his best, he is unstoppable! I hope both Scholesy and Giggsy get offered new contracts at the end of the season. Giggs has already said he would love to stay on for another year and I think Scholes will aswell. I think both can play for another few years yet with us and I really hope they do.

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
I remember in the 1990's when Marc Overmars first come on the scene at Arsenal and he was labelled "The new Ryan Giggs'. These Arsenal fans and ABU fucks were even saying 'He's better than Giggs ever was!". . . But where is Marc Overmars now? Forgotten. Sat at home with his cocoa and slippers watching on TV as a footnote in Premier League history. Where is Giggsy? Still doing it week-in week-out. . . . And more to the point: Where are the people who said shit like that? Sat watching at home as Giggsy puts the work in that has United above their team in the league.

They need to find Giggsy's footballing 'essence of youth' and bottle it then sell it to all old **** footballers who can't hack it anymore when they pass thirty.

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
The praise for Giggs runs out week after week when he proves his brilliance yet again, after all these years. We're running out of words to describe his enduring excellence... but we can try.

Scholes, still awesome, still best passer in the team, possibly in the whole league.

I just wish we could clone both of them and they could carry on playing forever.

·
23,699 Posts
Scholes undecided about future - Manchester Evening News

Paul Scholes admits he does not know whether he will carry on playing next year.

After Ryan Giggs revealed he plans to continue next season despite reaching his 37th birthday, it was suggested fellow old stager Scholes would continue as well.

Both men played pivotal roles in Manchester United's sensational comeback win over Blackpool at Bloomfield Road last night.

But as Scholes was only just returning from an eight-week absence with a groin injury, the former England star is not willing to get too far ahead of himself.

"I don't what I'm doing next year," he said. "I just want to concentrate on getting back playing for now.

"I like to have a week or two off at Christmas. This one just stretched out a bit longer, which has not been ideal.

"Hopefully in the next few weeks I can regain some fitness."

Scholes certainly eased himself back into the action pretty well last night.

Whilst Giggs' half-time introduction has been viewed as a turning point in the game, it was Scholes who supplied the crucial pass for Dimitar Berbatov's winning goal.

Despite the heartbreaking defeat, it was a moment that even Blackpool boss Ian Holloway appreciated.

"Paul Scholes is one of my favourite passers of the ball ever," said Holloway. "When he passes the ball it stays passed. The ball goes exactly where he wants it to. I have always loved him for that.

"I played against him once or twice and he is an absolute genius.

"He is a role model for anyone who wants to play football. He is a joy to watch.

"In fact, I wish he was 21, then I could see his career all over again."

Those who have suffered at Scholes' feet are doubtless glad the clock cannot be turned back.

For now, though, Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea have to try and find a way of stopping the 36-year-old and his team-mates, who have opened up a five-point lead at the top of the table.

"We've still got some very difficult away games to come," said Scholes. "We have to play the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea away from home but we are in a strong position at the minute. We need to keep that going."

·
Hi
7,245 Posts
Some dick posted on Liverpool forums that because Giggs is from Manchester, he is automatically scum. Seriously, "people" like this really need to grow up.

·
23,699 Posts
Almost from A to Z and 131 in total...

Ryan Giggs' 131 team-mates at Manchester United since 1991 | Football | The Guardian

From Anderson to Dwight Yorke, here are the Manchester United players who have played in the first team with Ryan Giggs:

A
Anderson

B
Phil Bardsley, Fabien Barthez, Russell Beardsmore, Bébé, David Beckham, David Bellion, Dimitar Berbatov, Henning Berg, Clayton Blackmore, Laurent Blanc, Jesper Blomqvist, Mark Bosnich, Wes Brown, Steve Bruce, Nicky Butt

C
Fraizer Campbell, Eric Cantona, Michael Carrick, Chris Casper, Roy Carroll, Luke Chadwick, Michael Clegg, Andy Cole, Terry Cooke, Jordi Cruyff, Nick Culkin, John Curtis

D
Simon Davies, Fabio da Silva, Rafael da Silva, Ritchie De Laet, Mame Biram Diouf, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Bojan Djordjic, Mal Donaghy, Dion Dublin

E
Chris Eagles, Richard Eckersley, Jonny Evans, Patrice Evra

F
Rio Ferdinand, Darren Ferguson, Darren Fletcher, Diego Forlán, Quinton Fortune, Ben Foster

G
Darron Gibson, Keith Gillespie, Andy Goram, Jonathan Greening

H
Owen Hargreaves, David Healy, Gabriel Heinze, Javier Hernández, Danny Higginbotham, Tim Howard, Mark Hughes

I
Paul Ince, Denis Irwin

J
Ronny Johnsen

K
Andrei Kanchelskis, Roy Keane, Kleberson, Tomasz Kuszczak

L
Henrik Larsson

M
Federico Macheda, Lee Martin (90s), Lee Martin (00s), Manucho, David May, Brian McClair, Liam Miller, Philip Mulryne

N
Nani, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Erik Nevland

O
Gabriel Obertan, John O'Kane, John O'Shea, Michael Owen

P
Gary Pallister, Park Ji-sung, Paul Parker, Mike Phelan, Kevin Pilkington, Gerard Piqué, Karel Poborsky, Rodrigo Possebon, William Prunier, Danny Pugh

R
Felipe Ricardo, Kieran Richardson, Mark Robins, Bryan Robson, Lee Roche, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Giuseppe Rossi

S
Louis Saha, Peter Schmeichel, Lee Sharpe, Teddy Sheringham, Paul Scholes, Les Sealey, Alan Smith, Mikaël Silvestre, Danny Simpson, Chris Smalling, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Jonathan Spector, Jaap Stam, Michael Stewart

T
Massimo Taibi, Carlos Tevez, Zoran Tosic

V
Antonio Valencia, Raimond van der Gouw, Nemanja Vidic Edwin van der Sar, Ruud van Nilstelrooy, Juan Sebastián Verón,

W
Danny Wallace, Ronnie Wallwork, Gary Walsh, Neil Webb, Danny Welbeck, Ian Wilkinson, Mark Wilson

Y
Dwight Yorke

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Ryan Giggs to be praised in Parliament for his 20 years of United success | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

Politicians will pay tribute to United stalwart Ryan Giggs in Westminster. Manchester Central MP Tony Lloyd, himself a Reds fan, has tabled an Early Day Motion recognising the veteran winger's 20 years in the game.

Giggs, 37, made his debut in 1991 and has since picked up 11 Premier League titles and two Champions League winners medals during a glittering career at Old Trafford.

He has never been sent off, has captained his country, Wales, and last night came off the bench in United's 2-1 defeat at Chelsea.

Mr Lloyd's motion, already signed by Graham Stringer, MP for Blackley and Broughton, reads: "This House records its congratulations to Ryan Giggs on the 20th anniversary of his debut for Manchester United on 2 March 1991; is aware that throughout his illustrious career he has developed a deserved reputation for sportsmanship and fair play; recognises that his skills have been admired throughout the world; that 20 years on he is now the country's most decorated player, and that he is widely seen as a role model for team mates and young footballers everywhere; thanks him for his contribution to the national game for both his club and his country, Wales; and wishes him all the very best for his future."

41 - 57 of 57 Posts