Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
ledgend theres not enough you could say about giggsy to even come close to describing how much of a ledgend he is! meant to be a top lad aswell!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
RYAN GIGGS is, and will always be, my favourite United player. He is the classiest sports figure I think I've ever seen - and he's been a superstar for years.

A very rare commodity, indeed.

Retire? It would be just like him to put in some more fantastic performances, win yet another set of trophies, then hang 'em up. Leaving us wanting more....

Didn't he look like he picked up a step or two of pace yesterday?

Wow. :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
moondog said:
RYAN GIGGS is, and will always be, my favourite United player. He is the classiest sports figure I think I've ever seen - and he's been a superstar for years.

A very rare commodity, indeed.

Retire? It would be just like him to put in some more fantastic performances, win yet another set of trophies, then hang 'em up. Leaving us wanting more....

Didn't he look like he picked up a step or two of pace yesterday?

Wow. :D :D :D :D
Yesterday Giggsy looked 10 years younger then what he is.
I think we can sum up what Ryan Giggs were trying to say out there yesterday. Pride! Pride of playing for the club and showing what we're all about.

Not every player have this inside them but Ryan got it. Thats why he's a true United legend.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
What a player he's been for us. Such a pro. Never demanded big wages once in his career when people would have payed him a fortune. Great to see him really being the leader on the pitch on Sunday.

He will, however, have bad performances, hes 36, just because he had a brilliant game in this one doesn't mean he will every match, but thats natural. But please don't jump on him when he does, because he's done alot for us. And his influence and example to the young members of the team is priceless.

United legend.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
am reading the great old threads saying that giggsy should retire :rolleyes:

he had a great performance yesterday and he is out top assist man since ages and come here next week and we will see a new thread saying that he shoulda retire

that us humans.... meh

Ryan Giggs is a god and i think he should not retire

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
I thought Giggs was past it. Yet he managed to out pace Bosingwa, out muscle Drogba and out think the entire Chelsea squad. I don't care if he only plays 10 games a season, such a legend to have around.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Justice said:
Yet he managed to out pace Bosingwa, out muscle Drogba and out think the entire Chelsea squad. I don't care if he only plays 10 games a season, such a legend to have around.
Roy Keane-esque :cool:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
piazza said:
I was thinking that too yesterday. Just without the mean streak.
well he let rip at Evans twice and gave Howard Webb a bit of a b0llocking too :D
so the mean streak was there lol.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
well he let rip at Evans twice and gave Howard Webb a bit of a b0llocking too :D
so the mean streak was there lol.
I just meant towards the opposing players. He never really looked like punching Drogba in the face, cause Keano, I was always waiting for him to just snap and deck somebody lol. :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
all credit to fergie in playing giggs against chelsea no one saw that coming and it was a masterstroke.fergie still has faith in ryan and we should never doubt fergie

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Papers: One more year

Chelsea display earns Giggs new contract
Ryan Giggs will be handed a new Manchester United contract in the wake of his man-of-the-match display against Chelsea. Giggs, 35, is out of contract in June and had feared his glittering United career would come to an end. But Mirror Sport has learned that United are ready to hand Giggs an extension to keep him at Old Trafford until the end of the 2010 campaign. A United insider said: "Ryan will definitely be offered a new deal. He has kept himself in fantastic shape for a player of his age and he has proved that he still has a great deal to offer, with his wealth of experience."
David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BC7DF7CEC%2D3BC3%2D4859%2DA3FD%2DFE4AAD215DD8%7D&newsid=6625086

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/01/13/ryan-giggs-display-against-chelsea-earns-new-manchester-united-contract-115875-21037301/

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Great thread, when i seen Giggs out pace and hold off Boswinga i never felt so much pride, the crowd cheered and Boswinga even patted Giggs on the back as a mark of respect. After so many players taken the headlines over the last 2years, i was chuffed to see Giggs be the main man again. He loved it, and far play to him.

As poeple said, he won't play like that every game but it really touched me to see him roll back the years, he's the nicest man in football.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Niiiiice Giggsy is staying. I really thought he would finish this season.
Its great for him and the club, though I suspect he wont play as much next season.
Id like to see him get 800+ games for United :O

21 - 38 of 38 Posts