Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I thought Giggsy did OK today.

So did Park, but he should have shot when he was through on goal.
I'm still wondering what he was waiting for.

So should Giggs retire this year?

YES!

He should have retired after the CL, but I put the blame squarly on Fergie's shoulders for keeping Giggsy past his prime.

Yes, he did an OK job today, but it's not the solution to our problems.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Hadi said:
babysenorita!! players should be judged and paid based on their performance and importance not their loyalty. should we pay Giggsy more than Ronaldo becuase of his noble manners? That will not win you a thing.

And please do not inculde Scholes because I have not mentioned him at all. Unlike Giggs and Neville, he is still able to do a job and benefit the team. Giggs and Neville have been great servants for the club for a very long time and this can not be ignored. The problem is thta they are not doing well and still picked up before better players becuase of their good work over the years. That is unfair.

Teams like Arsenal and United need (Keano-like) player that inspires younger guys not (Raul-like) player who plays because of his past glory.

Berba, Hargo, Carriek, Park, Rio, Vidic, Evra, wes, Scholes, and VDS all have the experince and still can do the jop well. Giggs and Neville lost everything even their touch so they should think of what are they going to do next ..,
Dude...

Hargo, Berba, Scholes, Wes were all injured today, so why are you mentioning them?
You didn't even mention Fletcher and he also was unavailable.

Under the circumstances, the choice would have been to play Possebon, Gibson or Giggs.

Are you really going to play unproven youngsters against a team, which many predict will break the top 4 this season and have just beaten Arsenal?

No!

Giggsy did OK against Villa. It's not his fault we didn't win.

If anyone were to blame, I'd say it was Carrick.

He did NOT step up when his team needed him too. He has some wonderful qualities, but grabbing a game by the neck is not one of his fortes.

I think is perforing better this season in his new central role than he was last season when he would play as a striker or sometimes on the left, so this thread is a bit over the top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts