Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
G

·
Stephen said:
Isn't Fletcher injured? :confused:

Anderson couldn't have started today after playing for Brazil on Thursday.

No-one else could have played and done a job.

Giggs and Neville > O'Shea and Park.
Why not? Ronaldo played in the same country and he started today.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
this thread is complete jokes

giggs was probley the main reason we didnt lose today. ferguson aint kept him cause he feels sorry for him. its because great sides need the balance of young and old, or we end up like arsenal. when the younger players i.e. rooney ronaldo were not on form today i put money on giggs rio and vds keeping us with a point today through how the used their experience of not panicing and holding it together.

this is why giggs has been moved inside to hold more direct motivation and read and play the game.....not run at it down the wing no more cause as fergie knows and as fans know he aint got the legs for it no more. but he def has the head for it. would have lost at celtic if that one player with the knowledge to follow up shots was gone ;)

Ryan Giggs = god

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hadi said:
I am not talking about today mate.
Giggs is well past it and should have retired 2 years ago that is what I am saying.
We should start putting faith on youngsters because both Neville and Giggs do not deserves their wages and places at the moment.Do not get me wrong but why we play Giggs and pay him 60 k a week for doing nothing. We should play youngsters who could help us for the many many years and may devlope into world-class.

What are you talking about mate? Dont you think that is a very bold and out of order statement y0u got there that both of them DO NOT deserve their wages?? So Ronaldo whom always stated his desire to leave and is now on the verge of a new contract deserved his wages more than GIggsy and Neville? Oh perhaps maybe he is young and the best player in the world so of course he must deserved it then :rolleyes:

And how the hell do you know Giggsy is doing nothing? To be saying he didnt do anything at all is damn Rude! I can assure you even the youngsters will not agree with your statement cause people like Giggs, Neville and Scholes didnt go around doing things and make it loudly known, they are not here to only be on the pitch but what they did off it as well, the influence they have towards the youngsters. You mentioned he should have retired two years ago and within the two years, can you as boldly as you said they didnt deserved their wages and that they did nothing, come out and tell me there is none time where they didnt do well at all or atleast decent? There isnt anytime where either of them changed the game? Look mate, I agree when you say we should put faith on the youngsters but my agreement ends rite there. What Giggsy is going thru is lacking of consistency ( aside from the pace of course) but i am very sure i can say the same with Nani,Park, Anderson & etc.I dont mind you having opinion and i actually agree to the idea of giving the youngsters more chances but please do not dismissed the old guards like you did...it isnt fair really!

Giggsy is NOT Useless! He is as important as Oshea, Fletcher to us where when all else failed, experienced and intelligence from someone older like him might just be what we need. Weird how arsenal fans were actually complaining that they didnt have a decent veteran player for the young guys to look up to and here we are trying to make the only old guards we are left with retires sooner than he actually could. Worry not thou..he isnt here for long cause his playing days are numbered so i ask of you to bear with him for a little short while more before seeing your wishes coming thru.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
babysenorita!! players should be judged and paid based on their performance and importance not their loyalty. should we pay Giggsy more than Ronaldo becuase of his noble manners? That will not win you a thing.

And please do not inculde Scholes because I have not mentioned him at all. Unlike Giggs and Neville, he is still able to do a job and benefit the team. Giggs and Neville have been great servants for the club for a very long time and this can not be ignored. The problem is thta they are not doing well and still picked up before better players becuase of their good work over the years. That is unfair.

Teams like Arsenal and United need (Keano-like) player that inspires younger guys not (Raul-like) player who plays because of his past glory.

Berba, Hargo, Carriek, Park, Rio, Vidic, Evra, wes, Scholes, and VDS all have the experince and still can do the jop well. Giggs and Neville lost everything even their touch so they should think of what are they going to do next ..,

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hadi said:
babysenorita!! players should be judged and paid based on their performance and importance not their loyalty. should we pay Giggsy more than Ronaldo becuase of his noble manners? That will not win you a thing.

And please do not inculde Scholes because I have not mentioned him at all. Unlike Giggs and Neville, he is still able to do a job and benefit the team. Giggs and Neville have been great servants for the club for a very long time and this can not be ignored. The problem is thta they are not doing well and still picked up before better players becuase of their good work over the years. That is unfair.

Teams like Arsenal and United need (Keano-like) player that inspires younger guys not (Raul-like) player who plays because of his past glory.

Berba, Hargo, Carriek, Park, Rio, Vidic, Evra, wes, Scholes, and VDS all have the experince and still can do the jop well. Giggs and Neville lost everything even their touch so they should think of what are they going to do next ..,

YEs i agree players should be judged by their perfornmance and if performance it is i wonder why Rooney is still starting and why tevez while he is doing well at the start of the season still got left out to make way for berba...:rolleyes: Im just saying that we are no one to say they didnt deserved their wages no matter how bad they performed. Also, Neville at his age coming back from a very long injury has limited chances...a bit harsh isnt it to say has lost it especially when during his absence we are used to see the brilliance of wes brown?

And Hadi, on what evidence do you think Giggsy and Neville is starting because of their loyalty to united may i ask?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Giggs earns his weekly wages for what he does on, and just as importantly off the pitch. Since we have a core of younger players, who better to have them look up to and learn from? That's the value of Giggs, Scholes and Neville.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I agree that Roneey is the most inconsistent player and should be warming the bench for hungry Tevez

My evidence is their poor performance because it was clearly noticed last year that Giggs was our worst player most of the games and still picked before Nani and Park who were far better than him.

This year, seeing Neville on the teamsheet is a relief for our opponents and it is easily noticed that he could not cope with the team high tempo.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Hadi said:
My evidence is their poor performance because it was clearly noticed last year that Giggs was our worst player most of the games and still picked before Nani and Park who were far better than him.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jesus Tapdancing Christ!

It sure gets doom-and-gloomy around here sometimes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
piazza said:
Giggs earns his weekly wages for what he does on, and just as importantly off the pitch. Since we have a core of younger players, who better to have them look up to and learn from? That's the value of Giggs, Scholes and Neville.
We have enough experince in Berba, Hargo, Carriek, Park, Rio, Vidic, Evra, wes, Scholes, and VDS who still can do their jop well. Giggs and Neville still can benefit the team on the training ground. That is it

I do not know if there is a couch gets 60 k a week ever?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Hadi said:
We have enough experince in Berba, Hargo, Carriek, Park, Rio, Vidic, Evra, wes, Scholes, and VDS who still can do their jop well. Giggs and Neville still can benefit the team on the training ground. That is it

I do not know if there is a couch gets 60 k a week ever?
Nobody you said sans Scholes is in the ballpark of Ryan Giggs in terms of legacy and importance to this club. Giggs has put in enough quality performances over the past 2 seasons to still warrant a place in the side. Sadly, the same can't be said for Gary Neville. Are you seriously trying to tell me that someone like Rodrigo Possebon, Nani or Delph (when/if we get him) are gonna idolize and model themselves after the likes of Berbatov and Hargreaves? The two are personal favorites of mine, but in no way,shape, or form would I ever consider them leaders. Especially since Giggs has been at United since he was 14 and Berbs+Hargreaves= 1.25 years!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I agree that Roneey is the most inconsistent player and should be warming the bench for hungry Tevez

So can i like you jump to assumption and said sir alex likes rooney more than tevez thats why he started him?

That is no evidence mate, that is your assumptions..the way you thought.

Most of the games? And when is players like Nani and Park any better for most of the games? The problem with Nani and park is, they could play an motm performance this week and next week they either went missing or show another frustrating performance, same could be said to Giggsy, they all shared the same unpredictable run but Giggsy edges them with the experience and ability to change game so perhaps thats why it always feel safer to have him starting before the other two.

This year, seeing Neville on the teamsheet is a relief for our opponents and it is easily noticed that he could not cope with the team high tempo.

And here i am thinking if loyalty play a part, i wonder why sir alex even bother to start Rafael and only started Neville for one or two matches cause i think Gaz loyalty make him deserved to start EVERY matches.....:eek:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Sir Bobby: Give Giggs new deal. He's still a fantastic player

Sir Bobby: Give Giggs new deal. He's still a fantastic player

Ryan Giggs is closing on a new contract that will enable him to celebrate an unprecedented 20 years at Manchester United.
Giggs' form in central midfield has persuaded the United hierarchy he is capable of doing a job for the club beyond this summer.

Director Sir Bobby Charlton, overtaken by Giggs as United's leading appearancemaker in the Champions League final last May, said the Welshman had a lot to offer.
'From what I've seen this season, he's still got another year or two left in him,' said Charlton of a player who will be 35 on Saturday. 'He's always been a fantastic player and he's terrifically fit.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1088616/Sir-Bobby-Give-Giggs-new-deal-Hes-fantastic-player.html

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Hadi said:

Dude...

Hargo, Berba, Scholes, Wes were all injured today, so why are you mentioning them?
You didn't even mention Fletcher and he also was unavailable.

Under the circumstances, the choice would have been to play Possebon, Gibson or Giggs.

Are you really going to play unproven youngsters against a team, which many predict will break the top 4 this season and have just beaten Arsenal?

No!

Giggsy did OK against Villa. It's not his fault we didn't win.

If anyone were to blame, I'd say it was Carrick.

He did NOT step up when his team needed him too. He has some wonderful qualities, but grabbing a game by the neck is not one of his fortes.

I think is perforing better this season in his new central role than he was last season when he would play as a striker or sometimes on the left, so this thread is a bit over the top.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts