Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know Giggsy overtook Charlton's appearance record last May in Moscow,
but last night he equalled David Herd's record of 145 goals for United.
He is now in the top 10(equal) all time goalscorers for United.
Fantastic achievement for a winger and it was a great goal too.

Edit: Scored his 150th goal for United against Wolfsburg.

1. Bobby Charlton - 249
2. Denis Law - 237
3. Jack Rowley - 211
4. George Best - 179
5. Dennis Viollet - 179
6. Joe Spence - 168
7. Mark Hughes - 163
8. Ryan Giggs - 150
8. Ruud van Nistelrooy - 150
10. Stan Pearson - 148

For the record Scholes is 12th with 143 goals.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Indeed a fantastic achievement for a winger. Didn't realise Ruud was up so high
on the list either. He really did score an amazing amount of goals in a short time.
I'd love to see Scholes get up onto that list as well but more than likely not gonna
happen with his scoring record over the last couple of seasons.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
god yeah ronaldo could get there easy if he stays

and as for giggs its awsome for him and he desurves as many records he gets for being such a fantastic player for our club, all these just stamps his name more on his england status

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
he would probably get in front of ruud, but cant see him overtaking hughes. nice to see him bagging in goals for us. he has never been prolific, so wish to see him on the scoresheet more.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
what a legend possibly the greatest utd player of them all.
his medal count is awesome.
i hope he gets a few more goals this season.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I always wondered, how a club with so many prolific scorers' top tally is 249. If we kept Ruud and/or got him when we originally wanted him, he easily could've gotten 300-350.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
What took him soooo long to reach this mark? :mad:

The longer he stayed with the club the more records he will be breaking and he should really stop being selfish and let other have the chance which means...I am sooo proud of him.:D

At his age, to be scoring and hitting milestones at the same time speaks volume of what a person he is. Im sure he work hard enough to make himself as fit as he is now so that he can still contribute and score goals and as a fan i really appreaciate.

·
Registered
734 Posts
what a goal last night to get him in their, hope he scores a few more this year to push himself higher up maybe pass out rvn, man didnt think Ronaldo scored that much alreay he will easily take 1st if he sticks around, 93 thats impressive.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The goal against Boro was a beauty and I'm glad it got him into the top 10.

More accolades for this legend. Hopefully can make this much impact in a lot of games, but I'm am not so hopeful. He'll always be a legend though.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Anyone think he'll manage another 5 with us?

If he does, then Ruud's been equelled, and thats a very proud thing to do IMO.

Well done Giggsy! ;)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
the guy is a true legend not jsut to united but football in general....he's all about whats a player should be commitment, fitness,loyalty, right attitude etc. beckham would still be at the top of his game with a big club if he was like giggsy, others like gazza could have had a longer more succesful career if theyd have been anything like our man

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Giggsy is a true legend! I was weirdly surprised with scholes efforts!! I don't R7 will be around long enough to achieve those numbers....shame really :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts