Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ryan Giggs feels it is important for Manchester United to get a result at Liverpool on Grand Slam Sunday.

The Premier League champions head to Anfield on the same day as title rivals Arsenal welcome Chelsea to Emirates Stadium.

Giggs does not expect Sunday's matches to have a decisive impact on the title race, but is hoping to emerge from Merseyside with a positive outcome.

"I'll start preparing now for the Liverpool game if I'm not involved in midweek," said Giggs, who is likely to be rested for the UEFA Champions League trip to Roma, in the Daily Mirror.

Big game

"It's such a big game, especially at Anfield, and we know we're going to have to play well to come away with a result.

"The top four are all playing each other next Sunday, so no one's going to lose the title on the day, but it's important for everyone to try to get a decent result."

The veteran winger scored his 100th league goal for United in Saturday's 4-1 win over Derby County - a feat achieved by only 10 other players in the club's history.

But Giggs admits that, at the time, his only thought was putting his side in the lead at Old Trafford rather than dwelling on the landmark.

He added: "In the context of the game it was obviously an important goal, but it's only now that I can enjoy it.

"At the time the most important thing was to get the first goal to get us up and running to win the three points."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_2958218,00.html

What a weekend that is in store for us...........:)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts