Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i remember reading many posts hear asking Ryan Giggs to retire as he have lost his skill
and blah blah blah and also he got criticized for the mistake versus Liverpool
but yet he didn't get any praise for his assist to Fletcher which gave us draw or the great performance last night which Ryan had resulted in two goals 1 assist and 1 goal but yet again the assist didn't get praised as Ronaldo take that honour and his goal was called a pile of luck, then he don't get voted for being one of the best performers and at that time Ronaldo get the votes

yes Giggs is showing that marks of being old as he is getting much slower and hes moving less but we still see a great workrate from him despite the hamstring injury which don't allow him to run allot

imo Giggs should start vesus Bolton ahead of likes of Ronaldo and Nani and i think he don't have to retire too :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Giggs is a legend. Always has been always will be.

I do agree that he goes un noticed a lot of the time. But he contributes well to the team.

But he has to retire one day. I think hes got a few years yet.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i find him trying too much on the field. he has been trying too much to play the final ball to our forwards, rather than play the simple pass to others to continue the build-up. thats is why he is seemed to lose the ball quite a lot of the time. he still has something left in him. go on, giggs!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I think if giggs has lost his quickness, then i can only imagine he has been clever enough to improve on what attributes he can get better at. He is prefered more of a striker now so i think this is his suitable position now and he can also finish like a striker. Maybe this is what he is working on now.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Giggs is one of only four names that I have on the back of my Man Utd jerseys, but let's be honest. He was largely ineffective last season and his contributions apart from those named by Abo have been negligible.

I firmly believe he could and should have retired with grace and that this season will be his last.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RedForceRising said:
I firmly believe he could and should have retired with grace and that this season will be his last.
i couldn't less disagree he have been very vital with us this season and the last match is an example

i wouldn't mind having Giggs for another 1 or 2 years as i feel he still have something to give us, am not saying that he should be regular but he can do very well as a sub as he can make some efforts also he gives us more depth than many other players plus he
have a great impact on our players and very great player with great character to have in the changing room

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah, look at the likes of brian mcclair, robson, ok gigg is better, but he can be used maybe in games like carling cup, last few minutes of the game because when giggs has the energy he can make a vital difference to the team.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
blondedevil said:
Giggs is a legend. Always has been always will be.

I do agree that he goes un noticed a lot of the time. But he contributes well to the team.

But he has to retire one day. I think hes got a few years yet.
100 % agree with you.

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts