Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAVID Gill has emerged as the leading candidate to succeed Brian Barwick at the FA.

The Manchester United chief executive is already an FA board member and would receive backing from many in the organisation, who have been impressed with his work at Old Trafford.

Barwick last night announced that he would step down from his post at the FA and admitted it was "time for a new chapter."

Barwick's departure was revealed last night amid reports of a fall-out with FA chairman Lord Triesman.

"I'm very sad and disappointed to leave, but it's obviously time for a new chapter at the Football Association," he said.

Barwick's time in charge of the FA saw the opening of Wembley and the sanctioning of the National Football Centre.

"We've moved the organisation on leaps and bounds," he said."If I have a legacy, we were sitting in a big stadium last night - it's probably one of the finest in the world."

Barwick refused to comment on reports of a fall-out Lord Triesman.

"The reasons for me leaving the organisation, cited in the statement, I'm very comfortable with," he added when questioned on the pair's relationship.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Wouldn't be in favour....

Right now...any position to do with English football is a que for media rifles...

The media will force him out if he makes a mistake andthen he'll leave United...

NO from me anways

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Keano! said:
Ehh......we've got John Delaney Jazz :rolleyes:

Stan......need I say more? lol
Another bliddy muppet :rolleyes:
I acrtually met Delaney in Vienna this summer at the Euro's and he told me a little
secret ;) When the new Lansdowne Road re opens you know who we are
playing? He said it would be a big team.....Its the Dutch :) so there ya go.

back on topic, I just dont like these chief exec types. I mean look at Kenyon ffs.
Biggest **** of the lot of them.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I think its safe to say Jazz doesn't like these blokes...:p

Rick Parry drives me mad when I hear him....talks crap and crap and crap :rolleyes:

I actually like Gill, he's honest and gives a decent number of interviews.....just be
thankfull we ain't got Rick Parry! :p lol

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Keano! said:
I actually like Gill, he's honest and gives a decent number of interviews.....just be
thankfull we ain't got Rick Parry! :p lol
I've got to agree tbh.

I don't know the ins and outs but he seems to be doing a good job for us, and hes probably the best out of the top 4 (I don't really know many more :p)

But I actually think what Tom Hicks said about Rick Parry was true. People seem to criticise Hicks, especially the Scousers, but he actually seems to be not so bad I honestly think.

Anyway, as for David Gill, I think it would be best if he didn't take the position and stay here (not sure if he would have to leave to take up the role) Though if he leaves, I guess we can't really comment on successor's. :p

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
RedForceRising said:
but his dealings in the transfer markets suck big style..
Maybe the signing record since he came isn't great.

But it is Sir Alex who chooses the players to buy after all ;)

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
well he is very good but why not getting a striker at ot
in transfer market i think he should look for an assitant what about abo lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts