Manchester United Talk banner

Giovani Dos Santos To Ipswich

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Nachito Coronel 
#1 ·
What has happened with him, he looked a young lad with great potential, now he's gone to Ipswich :confused: Is this a good move for him?

#6 ·
a proof the la liga players don't work in the epl
:eek::rolleyes:
thats ridiculous abo .
torres , alonso , arteta have been successful .
dos santos is overated , if he was as good as he was made out to be barca wouldnt have let him go.
he will get games at ipswich and a chance to get accustomed to the english game and culture.
he will probably get a chane next season with one of the newly promoted sides , thats his level really.

#7 ·
He's not good enough to play in the Premier League. Watch him play for Mexico, and guess where you can find him?

The answer of course, is in Steve Cherundolo's pocket....if anyone outside the States and Germany know who he is.
It breaks my heart to say this but sadly I agree, he has not developed at all either with his club or with the national team. I dont know why sven keeps starting him to be honest. hopefully he can restart his career at ipswich.

#8 ·
Jeez. The Kid is just 19 years old. Everyone develops at their own rate. You're all judging him before he's done anything. :rolleyes:

dos santos is overated , if he was as good as he was made out to be barca wouldnt have let him go.
he will get games at ipswich and a chance to get accustomed to the english game and culture.
he will probably get a chane next season with one of the newly promoted sides , thats his level really.
Barca could afford to let him go. That doesn't mean he's not good enough.

He'll probably go back to Spain in the summer. He needs to play for a club where he'll get a plenty of games, and his confidence back.

#9 ·
Dos santos was not ready last season when he was playing for barcelona. He looked technically gifted but was not barcelona class but was still being blooded by rijkaard which you have to praise because there is potential to work with.

However he was not good enough to become a regular for a club yet and he made a few HUGE career mistakes imo now looking back..(which is easy to say ofcourse)

1 - He should never have left spain.

2 - Just as big mistake was leaving barcelona.

3 - If he wanted to leave barcelona, he should have went on loan or went to a club in spain where he has played his career so far. Its not like he was a regular starter for barcelona so moving to spurs was a bold and brave move.

Im sure he is a gifted footballer but it takes more than just that and he is now at ipswich which is a joke even if he aint that great a player, he has much more potential than that level football.

pz! :cool:

#10 ·
I think he's still got plenty of time to make something of himself. He is only 19 as people have mentioned.

He wouldn't have got any time at Barca but he definitely should've stayed in Spain.

He hasn't developed much as yet but that could be due to good ol' Arry's aversion to flair players. :p

Secondly he need a manager who can help him find a position. Is he a forward or a winger?

At Barca he played as a wide forward out left but that's neither here nor there.

Perhaps Wenger could've helped him develop. It certainly would've been interesting to see that.

#11 ·
he needs to go back to spain which is probably what will happen, damn what is it with our boys and the prem, first borghetti goes to bolton and totally fails, then nery castillo goes on loan to citteh and never seems to get fit, now gio, hopefully vela can break the curse of Mexicans in the prem.

#12 ·
he needs to go back to spain which is probably what will happen, damn what is it with our boys and the prem, first borghetti goes to bolton and totally fails, then nery castillo goes on loan to citteh and never seems to get fit, now gio, hopefully vela can break the curse of Mexicans in the prem.
haha i never actually thought of that before.

Vela is a classy player though to be fair, whether he ever becomes a regular player for arsenal i dont know but i dont think he will ever be considered a failure for however long he spends with arsenal. He has a quality left foot! :cool:

pz!

#16 ·
I just hope he and Marquez continue to play against the USA.
hopefully sven hits the road and the mexican fa gets somebody with real balls and sits both of them. The fact is that yes marquez is the captain and all that but it is a known fact he is not all that committed to the national team, he is more worried about keeping his place in the barca starting 11 and the red card against your lot proves it. as for gio he is just not playing enough with his club and when he gets to the national side he is just horrible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.