Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its over a month away but I just want to get a few people's opinions on what you think Fergie should do with his Carling cup final team.

Do we think he should play a mixture and take a risk or should he go full strength and make sure we win the Final which will be watched remember by millions world wide.

I admired Wenger for fielding a young side a few years ago but wouldnt it of been better to have them in the squad getting a winners medal with the first team taking over.

Fergie got it right a few years back he field a team to get them to the final and then put in the stronger players .

What do you think ?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
RD, I seem to be responding to all of your threads today....er, sorry.

I think SAF will play a blend of youth and experience - depending on injuries, but will have firepower on the bench should it be necessary.

I want this trophy....I want the quint, and as you have said, I think we can do it.

and don't forget....dipper fans count their league cups too!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I want to see Ferguson go with youth over our regular first team players. Although it will be really very great to win a trophy early on but I want to see our youngsters win it for us. Ofcourse we can have Vidic play at the back or Carrick start but I don't want to see our full strenght squad. I don't think Ferguson will play our full strenght squad nor will he play a secind string side but I still want to see our youngsters get a chance to win a cup final at Wembley.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I don't really mind either way.

To get the trophy would be nice, but the team got to this stage with a lot of youngsters, as well as fringe players and they should be given their chance to shine.

Kuszczak, Rafael, Welbeck, Gibson (or Possebon) & Evans shuld start.

Think fergie learnt from the early exit last season and avoided fielding an entirely inexperienced team throughout the tournament, so i'll hope for the same in the final.

Welbeck - Tevez

Nani - Gibson - Giggs - Park

O'Shea - Evans - Vidic - Rafael

Kuszczak​

Subs:
Foster, Fabio, Neville, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
same squad as all the way through.mostly fringe/young players, with one or two starting 11's in there.

They got to Wembley, let them play for the prize, they deserve it.
I think that spurs will go all out and beat us, i just hope i am wrong.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
I think its only right he gives Wellbeck the run in.He will probably play (start) Ando/Nani but as long we have the back up on the bench im not too worried.Of course i would love us just to go out full guns blazing and smash the yids!!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i would put a strong team out to win the cup but i think fergie will stay loyal to the side that got there ,but i think ronaldo and rooney will start if fit instead of coming off the bench like they have done in most of the games .

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RedForceRising said:
I don't really mind either way.

To get the trophy would be nice, but the team got to this stage with a lot of youngsters, as well as fringe players and they should be given their chance to shine.

Kuszczak, Rafael, Welbeck, Gibson (or Possebon) & Evans shuld start.

Think fergie learnt from the early exit last season and avoided fielding an entirely inexperienced team throughout the tournament, so i'll hope for the same in the final.

Welbeck - Tevez

Nani - Gibson - Giggs - Park

O'Shea - Evans - Vidic - Rafael

Kuszczak​

Subs:
Foster, Fabio, Neville, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov

Id say that team is a good call to be honest but Id say he would start with Ronaldo to be honest instead of Park and I hope he goes with Foster instead of Kuszcsak because the P.I.G is a liabilty in the goal.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Last time we won it we did a mixture of first team and young guns and he did the same this year and we are in the final! He will def choose youngsters who have been amazing like Evans, Welbeck, Possebon, Rafa and one of our sub keepers but also must have a mixture of experienced 1st teamers. Well some of the 1st team players I am thinking about are also quite young like Nani, Anderson, Ronaldo, Rooney etc so they do fit in the young players descrpition lol but also the likes of neville and giggs should be included in the squad as they also played apart in the competition. I would rest the likes of Berbatov who has yet to make an apperance in the competion and would stick to the players who have played in it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
foster

rafael-vidic-evans-oshea

nani-anderson-gibson-giggs

tevez-welback

this type of team has got us to wembley. and they deserve their reward to play at wembley

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
No I wouldn't play our strongest XI. You have to give the players who've got us to the final a chance. However, I would have a very strong bench and also put in a couple of first teamers like Ronaldo and Rooney.

It would certainly be unfair to play VDS in goal considering he hasn't even been on the bench for any of the Carling Cup games. I also think Rafael, Evans, Nani, Anderson and Tevez all deserve to start.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
No man no. Play a similar side of the ones who brought us here. ie; No Rooney, No Berbatov, No VDS, No Rio etc . .
They deserve it, its not fair to play the strongest 11 when we all know that they weren`t the ones that kept us going in this Cup.

Keep faith in the youngsters, they`re more than able to win it.
And even if they don`t, we will be proud that they managed to keep going until the final, they will only learn from a defeat.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Team I'd love to see at Wembley...

-------------------------------Foster-------------------------------
-
---Rafael----------Brown--------------Evans----------Fabio---
-
---Park----------Anderson------------Giggs----------Nani---
-
-------------------------Tevez--------------------------------------
-
------------------------------Welbeck------------------------------

Bench; Kuszczak, Neville, Gibson, O'Shea, Fletcher, Berbatov, Carrick

Really hope Brown plays!!!

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
we should go in with a mixture of young and experienced players but we should use of finest in the defence and keep a few star names on the bench

so i would say play with this formation

Wellbeck Tevez

Nani Giggs Gibson Park

O'Shea Brown Vida Neville

Van Der Sar

Subs* Kuszczak Rio Scholes Fletcher Ronaldo Tosic Berbatov​

its not important if we fail to score its important that we don't concede
Tottenham are nothing to fear and most of their new signing should be cup tied :p

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I would just keep things similar to what they've been.

It wouldn't be fair to deny the players who have got us into the final the right to play at Wembley.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I think we should player near enough a full strength team, but with a couple of the stand out young players in there too, you need experience for a cup final, but need to also reward the youngsters for getting us here.

So long as Gibson doesn't play I'm happy!

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Yes, our fringe and youth players got us to Wembley, but in all honesty, they mainly played inferior opposition. Spurs are not to be taken lightly. Let's not forget in 2006 we played fringe and youth players up till the final, then we played a full-strength team against Wigan. Granted, that season had different circumstances. Arsenal in 2007 played their youth team, and lost. Those who have played convincingly deserve a start.

My team:

VDS.
Rafael*, Vidic, Evans, Evra*
Park, Giggs, Carrick, Nani
Tevez, Welbeck

*not sure about their injuries.

That should be enough to secure the cup. Giggs and Carrick should be able to overcome just about any Spurs midfield. Tevez will provide the fire-power upfront. VDS in goal for me, purely because nor Foster or Kuszczack have convinced me thus far this season.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'd do something like this I think:

--------------------Foster

Rafael---Ferdinand---Evans---Fabio

Nani-----Carrick----Anderson--Tosic

-----------Welbeck----Tevez

Having Foster in goal because him and Kuszac have been the ones in goal on the way to the final and he is definitely better than Kuszac.

The defense of Rafael, Evans, Fabio and Ferdinand. I think the three young players there will play in many more cup finals for us, so it will be a good game for them to get experience, but having Ferdinand in there will just help guide them through it and mop up for any mistakes they make.

In midfield its Nani, Carrick, Anderson and Tosic. Nani and Anderson have been good in the competition and fully derserve a place in the final. Tosic will play on the left, I think it will be a good game for him to learn about English cup final atmosphere, will also be good to see him link up with Fabio down the left as they could be a possible left back/left wing partnership of the future. Having Carrick in there will add a calmness to the midfield and he will dictate the ball from deep.

Upfront Welbeck and Tevez, they have played a big part in getting us here and I think they full deserve to be trusted with leading the line. Tevez will be the one dropping into midfield, getting the ball and making things happen. His work rate should rub of on some of the other youngsters and make them really fight for this trophy. Welbeck should give us a bit of pace in behind the defense to cause problems.

I think this line up would play very good football and should definately be capable of beating Tottenham.

·
Banned
875 Posts
Richie said:
I'd do something like this I think:

--------------------Foster

Rafael---Ferdinand---Evans---Fabio

Nani-----Carrick----Anderson--Tosic

-----------Welbeck----Tevez

Having Foster in goal because him and Kuszac have been the ones in goal on the way to the final and he is definitely better than Kuszac.

The defense of Rafael, Evans, Fabio and Ferdinand. I think the three young players there will play in many more cup finals for us, so it will be a good game for them to get experience, but having Ferdinand in there will just help guide them through it and mop up for any mistakes they make.

In midfield its Nani, Carrick, Anderson and Tosic. Nani and Anderson have been good in the competition and fully derserve a place in the final. Tosic will play on the left, I think it will be a good game for him to learn about English cup final atmosphere, will also be good to see him link up with Fabio down the left as they could be a possible left back/left wing partnership of the future. Having Carrick in there will add a calmness to the midfield and he will dictate the ball from deep.

Upfront Welbeck and Tevez, they have played a big part in getting us here and I think they full deserve to be trusted with leading the line. Tevez will be the one dropping into midfield, getting the ball and making things happen. His work rate should rub of on some of the other youngsters and make them really fight for this trophy. Welbeck should give us a bit of pace in behind the defense to cause problems.

I think this line up would play very good football and should definately be capable of beating Tottenham.
You can't really say taht Ben Foster is better then Kuszac i remember him playing quiet few time and made doing decent saves and Ben Foster only had few game with Manu. I don;t understand why people ******* bum of Ben Foster that much...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts