Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you think Shay will manage at Middle-East-Lands?

He had to wait 27 minutes to mak ehis first save in a City shirt and TBH, it was world class!!

...A player I've always thought was so under rated and a really talented keeper now playing for a club I hate! :eek: :rolleyes:...

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Yeah its a shame he's playing for them I always liked him and defended him to people saying he isn't bad he just has a crap defense in front of him and he can't do everything on his own

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Alright. He's not even played a whole half of football with Man City yet but Shay Given is OFFICIALLY the BEST TRANSFER of the January Window.

3 world class saves. I like Joe Hart but with him in goal it would've been 2 - 0 or 3 - 0 down already.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
hes a world class keeper thats granted its a really good coup for chitty tbh

but when he says hes moved on to win trophies i think even if chitty do buy trophies its gunna be in a few more years yet and i some how thing the much younger joey heart may have the no1 shirt off him but we shall see

hes still a class keeper

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Yea given is world class, he's made a couple of good saves. Feel sorry for joe hart tho as he's not gonna get anymore games for city unless there cups games or given gets injured!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Some deluded City fan is already trying to rationalize their transfer window on 606 debate. :rolleyes:

1341: How do you calculate value? £8m for Given, £108m for Kaka. Three great saves vs dreamy dribbles
Mikey via text on 81111

Somebody should explain too him the differing roles of a goalkeeper vs a Trequartista.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hope he manages to win something before he retires...sure, maybe the UEFA cup. After 11 crappy, depressing years at bloody Newcastle, our boy Shay deserves something from his career. He's a fantastic reactive keeper. I think having him in goal will make chitty harder to beat, but won't make it easier for them to win so that's a happy compromise for me - we need Ireland's keeper to play with a real team for a change. Just hope Dunne stay there to cement that partnership long term.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you make a better debut as a keeper?

3 Brilliant, amazing saves
Clean sheet
3 points
MOTM

·
Registered
50 Posts
Keano! said:
Can you make a better debut as a keeper?

3 Brilliant, amazing saves
Clean sheet
3 points
MOTM

I think that's called letting your actions do the talking...class debut. Proud to be Irish right now.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Well they just won a match today that they probably would have lost without Given today, money well spent for City. Its laughable to imagine Kaka in that team!

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
really wish we went in for him 8 million is a bargain and i think he would have been the perfect replacement for van der star!

didn't see it but its typical shay dunno how many times hes kkept his teams in the game ive seen it so many times in an Ireland jersey its unreal!

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Firstly Keano! your about as loyal to the Irish camp as David Beckham was to Victoria.......... nowt!!!

And about your topic, i said it before that Given was the best buy in January, and he'll prove that. I'd even rate him as the best keeper in the PL. He's world class and shouldn't be at a second rate team like City. It was he's last chance at the big time and he made a wrong decision IMO. Surley he could've attracted a bigger club than City. 32 is about the same as 27 in a striker, and Berbatov is 27, so £9m is a steal if you look at what points he'll save them. A good GK is vital and City have stole one.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
city will benefit from having him on board. with richards and kompany in central defence, he will need quite a few more performance like today to help city to a few more wins, especially away from home.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
The first thing by Man City I can actually label as "good thinking"

Excellent debut today, he seemed to enjoy playing for Ciddeh

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
There's no doubting Given's quality.

He's been an absolutely fantastic keeper for a long time, and he is World Class imho. He must go down as being one of the best keepers in Premier Leagie history. He's certainly in the top 5 imo.

As for his move to City, I'm not surprised he wanted to leave Newcastle but I'm a bit surprised he went to City even though they were the only team to make a move for him. He said he was leaving Newcastle to try to win trophies, so why City? :confused: :p

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Started a thread on him way back in hope we would sign him .

He is best keeper in prem by a mile now cech has lost it a bit .

He is also a top bloke ---- praising fans at toon and lifting lid on shabby goings on over his transfer

Fergie knows better than me however .

Guess its all down to timing .

·
Registered
50 Posts
haggler said:
Started a thread on him way back in hope we would sign him .

He is best keeper in prem by a mile now cech has lost it a bit .

He is also a top bloke ---- praising fans at toon and lifting lid on shabby goings on over his transfer

Fergie knows better than me however .

Guess its all down to timing .[/QUOTE

Received wisdom has it that he's a great shot-stopper but not so great under the high balls, punching etc and he's a bit short.

I'd have loved to have seen him at United even so - that guy would give everything for the team.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts