Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
manutd004 said:
Well, I'll take your word about him about international level. I do like Ireland tbh, and want them to do well, but they always seem to play at the same time as Scotland so I can't see the games. :rolleyes: :p

And I agree about VDS. He's been a great signing, a fantastic keeper for us and has been an important part of our success. He's finally overcame the Schmeichel problem (at about the 109th attempt :p) But he's in decline, and isn't as reliable as he has been (or as reliable as Given would be ;)) He does make a lot of mistakes, but on a lot of occasions he gets saved by poor finishing by the opposition, or by great defensive work by one of his team-mates so people forget or don't seem to see it as a mistake.

ya do! hopefully we will both get to the world cup weve both been missing for too long ;) ! i like scotland alot aswell espicly the night ye beat france with mcfaddens wonder goal :eek: was quailty :D the commentator completly lost it :p

ya he has one of the best keeprs weve ever had bt as you say hes making more and more mistakes that i dont think given would make! given with a solid defence in front of him would be recognised as one of the best in the world and about time too! he was way too loyal to newcastle he deserves is chance at a big club!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
cantos red army said:
ya do! hopefully we will both get to the world cup weve both been missing for too long ;) ! i like scotland alot aswell espicly the night ye beat france with mcfaddens wonder goal :eek: was quailty :D the commentator completly lost it :p

ya he has one of the best keeprs weve ever had bt as you say hes making more and more mistakes that i dont think given would make! given with a solid defence in front of him would be recognised as one of the best in the world and about time too! he was way too loyal to newcastle he deserves is chance at a big club!
Well, thats good to hear ;) :p. And we have been missing for too long, but I wish I was more optimistic about getting to South Africa :(

As for Given, he does deserve his chance. He should be allowed to move on the basis of his loyalty towards Newcastle. Although tbf to Newcastle, it must be hard for them. After all, they won't want to lose a keeper of Given's quality.

As for VDS, I wouldn't have given him a new contract and allowed him to bow out of United, and possibly football if that was the way he decided to go, with our best wishes and a great thanks and looked to move forward.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I can honestly see him going to spurs but they won't sell him if there is no replacement in place

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
if there is one toon player who deserves a bit of sympathy and to be allowed then it's given. hope he gets to go to a half decent club and get his career back on track again with a club thats not perpetually in crisis

21 - 25 of 25 Posts