Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
he won't make a great difference to a very dodgy team thats full of great expectations that never materialise .
just like being at newcastle i suppose.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
sweet fa said:
he won't make a great difference to a very dodgy team thats full of great expectations that never materialise .
just like being at newcastle i suppose.

Hmmm... i think he will make a difference. A more experienced and vocal player to marshall the defenders and someone Joe Hart can be an understudy too.

I think he will make a difference.

They still need a new defensive coach though. They have the players, they are just not in sync and do not concentrate.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
he's a good keep..not from the best...but good for citeh:D...don't care...bad for newcastle though...
Given is world class, and im sure weel see his peak at city, at least his playing with less chitta players now.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Great signing for City tbf.

He wanted to leave Newcastle to win trophies though, so why's he gone to City? ;) :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Serious mixed feelings about this.
Given is a God in Ireland and has been a loyal servant to the Toon.
But he will go stale at that place....
City look like they could be a force in the next season or two and Im happy for
Shay that he will probably be playing European football in the near future.
but Citeh though :( ...... why did it have to be that lot??
Its also a fantastic transfer for them. Given is in the top 5 goalies in World football.
He will do well there, Im sure of it. He has been the most consistent keeper in the Prem.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Thats a really good signing for Ciddeh

Given has consistently been one of the best goalkeepers in the Prem over the last few years

Shame though in a way, I think Joe Hart is a pretty decent GK

·
Registered
590 Posts
Top signing as far as City are concerned. Newcastle I'm sure will miss him desperatly as he's often in the past single handedly kept Newcastle in games.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has revealed that the club are still waiting on official offers for Shay Given and Charles N'Zogbia.

Given has been undergoing a medical at Manchester City while N'Zogbia has been linked with a deadline day move to Wigan.

However, Kinnear has admitted that he is not totally confident of deals being struck because neither club has put money on the table so far.

"There's haggling going on at the moment. We're still waiting to hear the fee," the Magpies manager told Sky Sports.

"We haven't received an official offer for Shay (Given) and we're still waiting for Charles (N'Zogbia).

"The chairman is speaking to their representatives, so hopefully something can be done so that we can move on and get two more decent players into the club.

"I'm confident that we'll get those. But I'm not sure about the outgoing deals at the moment."

Ryan Taylor is due to join Newcastle, but his transfer from Wigan will not be finalised until N'Zogbia seals his switch to the JJB Stadium.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4882241,00.html

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Manchester City have completed the signing of goalkeeper Shay Given from Newcastle United.

The Republic of Ireland international underwent a medical at Eastlands on Sunday and has now sealed his switch to the ambitious outfit.

Given, 32, has put pen-to-paper on a four-and-a-half-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

The shot-stopper joined the Magpies in 1997 from Blackburn Rovers and made over 450 appearances for the club.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4882581,00.html

·
Registered
553 Posts
Given is probably one of the best goal keepers i have ever seen. He is the only keeper that can let 4 in and still put get his sides MOTM. I hope he does well, he deserves it.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
I didn't see much wrong with Hart apart from being inexperienced but some1 pointed out the whole marshaling the defence thing and i agree, but will Hart be happy about sitting on the bench? I think he's one of the best keepers too and i think we are yet to see the best of him, maybe a change of location (and a pay rise :)) will help him develop. Shame he had to go to Middle Eastlands, but it will be a good signing for them

PS cool sig jd united

1 - 20 of 25 Posts