Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate from up in Scotland just informed me that early figures show their could be between 100,000 and 150,000 fans making the trip to Manchester for the Uefa Cup final, I have never heard of anything like this in my life.

I have obviously heard about their fans before, but that is pretty frightening. Have saw them in the Uefa Cup a few times this season - a poor team but fair play to them getting there. Any1 think there will be any trouble in Manchester on the night of the final as I had heard the Glasgow/Manchester people are not to firendly - just making sure so that I can be advised to stay out of the way if need be :p.

Have also heard that due to their "link" with Chelsea - thousands of this London mob are coming up from down there, along with West Ham fans and even fans coming in from Liverpool - frightening stuff - dont think the city is prepared for this kind of impact.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
my dad is from glasgow and has a ticket, but i was looking on afew Rangers forums and they were boasting that they were going to take at least 200,000 up to 400,000!!!!

i think its total rubbish.100,000 at most....

in my opinon though manchester will be invaded that day (15th may i think it is) and the couple of days afterwards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
Peero said:
100,000 and 150,000 fans making the trip to Manchester for the Uefa Cup final.
1.This is madness. :eek:
2.They will not get on stadium(majority). :(
3.They goes in vain. ;)
4.Zenit will win UEFA cup. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,457 Posts
Zenitka said:
1.This is madness. :eek:
2.They will not get on stadium(majority). :(
3.They goes in vain. ;)
4.Zenit will win UEFA cup. :p
Finger's crossed, eh? Obviously there not all going to be in the stadium but if Ranger's do win Manchester won't be fit to live for a couple of days until they mange to clear out the 100 000 drunk bodies lying all over the place. Thank god they'll be trashing Eastlands and not the true home of football in Manchester. I'm hoping for a Zenit win although it still irks me that Advocaat walked away from a contract he'd already signed to become coach of the Australian national side. I would've understood if he'd flat out said no, but he signed on the line then walked away when Zenit offered him more money.

Still I like Zenit's brand of football. At the beginning of the season I was quite scornful of teams like Barca & Lyon who accused Ranger's of "Anti - Football". I mean this seemed like a really poor excuse from sore losers but as Ranger's European dream has rolled on I'm beginning to see their point especially after Fiorentina became the latest to weigh in on the debate. It's effective no doubt & I don't expect Ranger's to try and match the Viola or Barca with quality or technical football but against Fiorentina they parked the bus. They didn't even try to get forward out of their own half let alone score.

So on that basis I think I'll be rooting for the Russian's who've been the polar opposite to everything Ranger's have been this season. My head tells me though that Ranger's defensive prowess will triumph over Zenit's attacking flair. You just cannot attack constantly in Europe. You'll get pretty far but in recent times it's defense that's ruled UEFA competitions. It's like United last season, 7 - 1 then 3 - 2. It all ended 3 - 0 one match later. This season it's been a tale of the grab a goal defend with your lives and guess what? We're in the final. It feels great to be there yet to do so against our principles feels almost... wrong. Come on Zenit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
dlan4327 said:
Finger's crossed, eh? Obviously there not all going to be in the stadium but if Ranger's do win Manchester won't be fit to live for a couple of days until they mange to clear out the 100 000 drunk bodies lying all over the place. Thank god they'll be trashing Eastlands and not the true home of football in Manchester. I'm hoping for a Zenit win although it still irks me that Advocaat walked away from a contract he'd already signed to become coach of the Australian national side. I would've understood if he'd flat out said no, but he signed on the line then walked away when Zenit offered him more money.

Still I like Zenit's brand of football. At the beginning of the season I was quite scornful of teams like Barca & Lyon who accused Ranger's of "Anti - Football". I mean this seemed like a really poor excuse from sore losers but as Ranger's European dream has rolled on I'm beginning to see their point especially after Fiorentina became the latest to weigh in on the debate. It's effective no doubt & I don't expect Ranger's to try and match the Viola or Barca with quality or technical football but against Fiorentina they parked the bus. They didn't even try to get forward out of their own half let alone score.

So on that basis I think I'll be rooting for the Russian's who've been the polar opposite to everything Ranger's have been this season. My head tells me though that Ranger's defensive prowess will triumph over Zenit's attacking flair. You just cannot attack constantly in Europe. You'll get pretty far but in recent times it's defense that's ruled UEFA competitions. It's like United last season, 7 - 1 then 3 - 2. It all ended 3 - 0 one match later. This season it's been a tale of the grab a goal defend with your lives and guess what? We're in the final. It feels great to be there yet to do so against our principles feels almost... wrong. Come on Zenit.
Money have not affected.Team played disgustingly up to a match with Dynamo(9-3). He wanted to leave, but after match Zenit has started to show beautiful football. Dick has remained because of it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
burnzy1987 said:
my dad is from glasgow and has a ticket, but i was looking on afew Rangers forums and they were boasting that they were going to take at least 200,000 up to 400,000!!!!

i think its total rubbish.100,000 at most....

in my opinon though manchester will be invaded that day (15th may i think it is) and the couple of days afterwards.

Thats a wild number of people 400 000 dream on lol!! to be fair its only a motorway away and if united would of made it to glasgow we all would of been up there so maybe 100 000 but 200 000 - 400 000 thousand fans dream on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will there be trouble with any sets of fans as my mate seems to think Rangers and United fans do not get on - but I dont understand why that would be the case?

Rangers certainly dont have a good style of football - very poor infact but I would like to see them win. Dont understand why any fan from over here would want a Russian side to win.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
Question:"Dont understand why any fan from over here would want a Russian side to win."
answer:Rangers certainly dont have a good style of football - very poor infact but I would like to see them win.;)
I think many people(80%) on this forum would want Rangers to win...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
-zuco- said:
I never knew there were 400,000 people in Scotland :)
ha ha me neither...like i said its just what i read of forums so take it with a pinch of salt.

my dad rekons st petersberg will send back half there tickets next week so more rangers fans will have tickets.....

i can just imagine they will put up big screens up.....
 

·
He wipes front to back
Joined
·
27,654 Posts
there has always been a strong united celtic link over the years but also many rangers links so i think any trouble will be more down to how much swally they get down their necks . lets hope for a repeat of home internationals in mid 70s when wembley was trashed . first citeh lose erikson then they have ground totalled ---- priceless
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
haggler said:
there has always been a strong united celtic link over the years but also many rangers links so i think any trouble will be more down to how much swally they get down their necks . lets hope for a repeat of home internationals in mid 70s when wembley was trashed . first citeh lose erikson then they have ground totalled ---- priceless

Hags he is a genius
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
-zuco- said:
I never knew there were 400,000 people in Scotland :)
:mad:

:p. j/k ;)

Peero said:
Dont understand why any fan from over here would want a Russian side to win.
I'm Scottish, so many people may be surprised by what I'm about to say.

But I hope Zenit not only win, but thrash the living daylights out of Rangers.

If Zenit win the UEFA Cup, not only Zenit but also football will be the winners. They play fantastic stuff, where as Rangers are at completely the opposite of the spectrum.

Also, for many reasons, I have a severe hatred of Rangers Football Club!
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Top