Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Manchester United Football Club are rumoured to be interested in Glen Johnson.
Sir Alex Ferguson was interested in the right fullback whilst he was at West Ham United, yet the player became the first signing of Roman Abramovich's Chelsea during the summer of 2004.

It didn't work out for Johnson at Stamford Bridge and he moved to Portsmouth this summer, where his performances have resulted in manager Harry Redknapp predicting an England call-up.

"Glen is in great form and I wouldn't swap him for anyone," he told the Daily Express. "He is definitely one that the England manager (Fabio Capello) should be looking at."

However, Redknapp may face a fight to hold on to the 23-year-old during the summer, with rumours mounting that Ferguson will make an offer of £6million to take him to Old Trafford to eventually replace Gary Neville.

Meanwhile,
Ajax striker Klass Huntelaar is rumored to be on the verge of a sensational move to Man Utd. Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is reported to have made a £14 million bid for the striker.

The Dutchman is on the lookout for a new challenge and would jump at the chance to join Manchester United.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
i feel we could probably do better than Johnson but if we did get him for 6 mil, it wouldnt be a waste because he is a good player.

I'd love to see Huntelaar sign for Man Utd aswel. Ace striker.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Klass Huntelaar would be a great sighning hope this is true, not so sure on Johnson think there is better full backs out there

·
Registered
322 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
i feel we could probably do better than Johnson but if we did get him for 6 mil, it wouldnt be a waste because he is a good player.

I'd love to see Huntelaar sign for Man Utd aswel. Ace striker.
Indeed, nothing more to add really, we need a right defender and an striker, and there we go. Everybody knows that a fit neville is more then enough, and then i mean more, so an defender isntead of brown is pretty good atm.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
These transfer rumours continue to persist and its getting irritating already and there is still a few weeks left in this transfer window.
Im just going to wait and see what happens because SAF said no one is coming so Ill go along with that for now.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
gohnsons great at going froward but is he that good at defending

if we didn't get berba Huntelaar would be right up there with him

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Now that Big Sam has left Newcastle, Wes brown will no longer be moving there, thats for certain...
In anycase, we don't need Johnson, we can do better. We've got brown and then Simmo and in a few more years...Rafael who'l be our right-back.

Hunterlaar however, i'd love to see playing for us. He scores goals for fun. Its very surprising none of the other major clubs have signed him up in the past 2 seasons. Although it is rumoured he'll be signed up by Juventus in the summer..

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like us to buy Eidur Gudjonsson from Barca, he was linked with a move to us last year and I think he's out of favour at Barca with Ronaldinho and Henry.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Rumour is Huntelaar will be joining us either this month or in the summer, ajax are prepared to sell for £18m so far we have bid £12m.
The source has been pretty accurate in the past.
Don't know what we would want with Glen Johnson over rated waste of time, which is why he has dropped down to playing for Portsmouth

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think Huntelaar wil be better choice than Berbatov... but we need most right defender than striker.

Jazz You've right transfer rumours is very irritating ... we're writing a lot of posts and reading "transfer news" but this nothing change...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:
I would like us to buy Eidur Gudjonsson from Barca, he was linked with a move to us last year and I think he's out of favour at Barca with Ronaldinho and Henry.
i dont think we need gudjohnsen...........

·
Registered
7 Posts
akash_reds said:
i dont think we need gudjohnsen...........
I dont think we need him too, nor Berbatov. May be the best choice is Karim Benzema, he is young, good with both foot, tall, he has very good pace so i really hope we'll sign him as soon as possible!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
huntelaar would be good , his goal scoring record is incredible , as for gudjohnsen i think he is past his peak , and would be worse than saha

·
Registered
29 Posts
Klaas is pure class, but if we ought to sign a right-back, although we have flourishing and impressing Dani Simpson, then i prefer it's Hutton.

·
Registered
4 Posts
huntelaar would be a klass signing, he's like ruud only he's young and quicker, just what we need.

as for johnson he's not that good he mite play well at a smaller team because theres no pressure on him, but he had plenty of chances at chelsea and for england and just cant cut it, he cant handle playing for a big team, so can you imagine what he would be like for us, theres plenty other players out there we could sign better than glen johnson

1 - 20 of 25 Posts