Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being down 12 to chelski at the end of December (and as many as 14 earlier) we have caught them up in less than a month. GD still may become important as the pl season progresses - if it remains tight.

Hopefully it won't. 10 clean sheets sure help.

Just wanted to point it out.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its inevitable that we will have the best GD by the end of the season.
We have the best defence and the best attackers so it was only a matter of time
before we started to bury in the goals. Its a great day to be a United fan :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
great display by the lads and rewarded properly:)..now the pressurie is on shiverpool and chelski..sure they'll slip up..they don't have the strength to win the premiership.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
great display by the lads and rewarded properly:)..now the pressurie is on shiverpool and chelski..sure they'll slip up..they don't have the strength to win the premiership.
We are top of the table, playing great football but you should never underestimate any team, especially the contenders. I am positive we will win the league because we have the attitude and quality to do so, but you may never know. Football can`t be predicted easily; today you`ll win, tomorrow you won`t. It doesn`t depend just on us playing good football, this is not a one horse race. There are other horses there in the race, and if they step up a gear we might never know.

It`s not that i`m seeing the negative side of it, i`m just being realistic. These things happened, we just need to make sure that we won`t lose our rythm we`ve got now. And i`ll tell you, we`ll be celebratin in May ;)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Its inevitable that we will have the best GD by the end of the season.
We have the best defence and the best attackers so it was only a matter of time
before we started to bury in the goals. Its a great day to be a United fan :)
X2 :D And now Ronnie, Berbs, Rooney and Tevez are all in double figures :cool: Ronaldo was never going to repeat the wonders of last year so it's good to see 4 attacking players in double figures and it's still January!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
we've been getting great results without the great flow of goals, it was only a matter of time though before it all started to come together....just as everyone else is falling apart

·
Registered
17 Posts
Goal difference

I have to say by october i was pancicking when chelsea were scoring 4 and 5 every game but cant believe we have kept up but i still dont think title race is over like people say. any thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
looking at it after tonights results i just cant see liverpool thrashing anybody for a while not only has there confidence got to be low just there forward line just seems to be invisble. they can keep the ball for fun but it just goes to show when torres is not form they lack penertration.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Goal difference is huge, essentially our demolitions against Newcastle and others last year is what handed us the title. Just as good as a point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts