Manchester United Talk banner

Goal of the Month

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Player of the Month candidates down to Patrice Evra, Darren Fletcher, Carlos Tevez and Nemanja Vidic.

And which goal was your favourite? Choose from Vidic in the Super Cup, Fletcher's goals against Newcastle and Portsmouth, Fraizer Campbell's strike against Espanyol and Darron Gibson's effort at Peterborough.

1. Campbell v Espanyol
  2. Gibson v Peterborough
  3. Fletcher v Newcastle
  4. Fletcher v Portsmouth
  5. Vidic v Zenit
I'd Say Gibson v Peterborough.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Its gotta be Gibson.

Great goal, and I would like to see him get some Premiership games in this little spell.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I know Gibbson's was a great strike....but the opposition weren't world class now were they? :eek:

I said Campbell vs Espanyol, simply because he beat a good keeper, with an
incredible first touch and then the confidence and ability to ease it into the net.
He could have easily buckled under pressure and either passed to Ole as it was
his day or blasted it first time. Quality goal for me and a brilliant piece of skill.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Keano! said:
I know Gibbson's was a great strike....but the opposition weren't world class now were they? :eek:
True.

However, Gibson's was a great strike and I'm not sure if any goalkeeper would have saved it in all honesty.

You nearly had me changing my mind there :eek: :p

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
It was a brilliant finish though.......I'm not dismissing that, I just thought that in all
round skill and ability, Campbell's was better! :eek: ;)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Keano! said:
It was a brilliant finish though.......I'm not dismissing that, I just thought that in all
round skill and ability, Campbell's was better! :eek: ;)
There was more skill in Campbells probably.

But I just thought that Gibsons technique and strike was fantastic.

Now you can shut up because the more posts I read about this from you, it makes me want to change my mind even more :eek: :p

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've gone for Campbells.

Gibsons long range effort you see all the time but Campbell's was based on great skill, vision and good link up play.

The run, vision and pass by Giggs was unreal and then the 1st touch and then the finish by Campbell was class.

:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts