Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when VDS retires i feel that we would have a problem in that position.
I don't reckon kuszack is good enough to be our #1 and i feel foster is still developing and seems injury prone.

what do you think about this?
and what keepers could be potential signings?

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
John O'Shea...he give Robbie Keane a run for his money ,oh the memories.Seriously though i think Kuzzy will probs get the nod,and you never know,there is probably a Serbian keeper of some form who Fergie is tapping up!

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Kuszszszzszack is rubbish.

No way should he ever get near that number one shirt. Would prefer to have Roy Carroll back ffs

·
Registered
599 Posts
Stephen said:
Kuszszszzszack is rubbish.

No way should he ever get near that number one shirt. Would prefer to have Roy Carroll back ffs
Agreed. Tomasz isn't gonna get the hand over from VDS and surely doesn't deserve it.

I really hope Ben Foster steps up to the mark and shrugs off his injury proneness.

But I have a feeling Fergie will bring another on board before VDS steps down anyway.

Z

·
0 Posts
I think Kooshak was signed based on his heroics against us when playing for West Brom. He's a great shot stopper but that's about it. He always looks dodgy when coming to collect the ball for corners/crosses.

Foster will never be the number one in my opinion because he'll never be fit long enough.

Two of the best keepers in the Premiership I think are Shay Given and Brad Friedel. The latter always puts on his Superman outfit when playing against us and the former conceded 5 against Liverpool and still managed to come out of it with some praise. Both of them would be regarded much more highly if they had a quality defence in ftont of them.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I think we're gonna have to sign someone, PIG isn't cutting it, and Foster seems to be too injury prone.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
before VDS we had problems in that position
with howard and carroll being poor.. and i see tomasz as another carroll
and i cant think of any keepers that we can sign without paying a stupid transfer fee for.

SAF has definitely got a job on in finding a replacement.....

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
ScottE335 said:
Agreed. Tomasz isn't gonna get the hand over from VDS and surely doesn't deserve it.

I really hope Ben Foster steps up to the mark and shrugs off his injury proneness.

But I have a feeling Fergie will bring another on board before VDS steps down anyway.
TBH I don't think Foster will make it here on a long term basis. I think he has been quite poor so far this season. You could see from his face after letting Barnes' freekick nestle in the bottom corner that he knew he could have done better. I certainly rate him more than Kuzzy but I just don't know wheter or not he is No.1 material.

I think we should go for Given, if he can't be got then someone young and world class like Adler, Lloris,Akinfeev or Neuer.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'd like to see Foster be no 1, but I don't think he will be. He's certainly good enough, but he seems to be injury prone and out of the two, I think Sir Alex prefers Tomasz.

As for Tomasz, I agree with zuco. His shot-stopping is top class, but nothing else is. His kicking is poor, and when he comes from crosses he has no confidence. He's good enough to be a no 2 imo, but certainly not a no 1.

My top choices would be Frey or Neuer. If we go for a cheaper option, then I certainly wouldn't mind Given or Gordon. In all honesty, I'd sign a keeper in the summer.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
piazza said:
Those are definitely the ones I'd go for, especially Neuer we'd be able to hang onto him for a long long time.
Yeah.

That would certainly be an advantage and would provide a bit of stability.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Aparently there's too cracking keepers in France, called Steve Mandanda and Hugo Lloris, who I've seen minimal amounts of, but heard alot of good stuff. We've been linked with a guy who I think is called Diego Lopez from spain aswell but I've never seen him play.

I think Friedel and Given would be solid but not a one man army like most top clubs have.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Only two contender if we are about to sign new goalkeeper......If SAF want to sign someone experience enough in this league....I would it will either Jussi Jaaskelainen or Shay Given....

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I dont beleive kuczack or foster will be our future number ones, mainly because foster is extremely injury prone, and kuzcack is although solid not necesarilly a world class goalkeeper. My picks to come in and fill in that role would be ochoa, lloris, or asenjo from valladolid.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You know what is going to be really interesting? To see who Fergie selects to start in the League Cup final as he said he will let the kids/reserves player for sure so his choice for GK will be interesting. In my opinion the one he chooses to start is the one he rates higher at the moment.

I like Tomasz and Ben heaps but I believe they are great back ups and 2nd choice keepers only to be behind a great keeper like VDS and that is why I believe to replace VDS we must buy a class keeper or else we will be in the same situation after our treble winning year. Foster can be a number 1 keeper for us but his injury prone career isn't looking pormising in the long run.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I'm hopeful Foster can make the step up but he needs to get over these injuries and spend more time on the pitch.

Each time he plays in goal for United he looks rusty but that's because most of the time he's coming back from his latest injury!

I'd like to at least see him being given a chance to prove himself during pre-season and during August in the season after VDS retires before bringing in another keeper if necessary.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i feel foster can become our #1 eventually because he proven what a good keeper he is. for example he was by far watfords best player when they was in the premier league and also he was the hero for us against derby last year. but i still feel that tomasz is not up to uniteds standards so a we definitely need to sign someone

1 - 19 of 19 Posts