Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Tadaa*

Welcome to a spanking, shiny new thread that will serve as a reference for goals & assist from the major European leagues.

This will help us be more educated, as well as more informed football pundits and give us some numbers to claims about which players form the best strike partnerships etc.

Champions League Goals

Champions League Assists

EPL Stats

La Liga Stats

Serie A Stats

Bundesliga Stats

Ligue 1 Stats

Eredivise Stats

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, we can proudly and categorically say that Rooney & Berbatov form the best strike partnership in European competition.

Anybody really, really want to tell me why Fergie should break up that partnership?

BUT in domestic competition, David Villa and Mata are white hot in La Liga. Same with Messi and Eto'o, if they can be considered a strike partnership.

In the EPL, Agbanglawhore :) and Carew lead the way along with Adebayor and van Persie.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Great stats..... pity Berba was not with us for our first Champions league game.
Hope he keeps it up and gets this years top scorer and help us regain our Cup

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
Shaun Wright Phillips is the best player in the world, how did he manage 3 goals and 2 assists in 12 mins
:eek: true

ROFL it should be a mistake hes definitely had played more than 12 minuted :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
Shaun Wright Phillips is the best player in the world, how did he manage 3 goals and 2 assists in 12 mins
LMAO, great spot there. Anyway, nice to see Berbs on top of the Champs League goalscorers charts. Meanwhile, David Villa & Juan Mata are wreakin' havoc over at La Liga!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, Mauro Zarate and Goran Pendev are also doing a lot of damage in Serie A, while Ibisevic and Ba of Hoffenheim (currently 2nd in the Bundesliga) are have struck 13 times representic the most prolific strike partnership in a major European league, although I know some will say the level of the Bundesliga defenders might not be at EPL, Serie A or La Liga level.

It's still no slight feat.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
piazza said:
Good thread, I love stats like McAdams loved Gosling but what do the arrows signify?

That I have a screen shot program, which allows me to put in arrows :D

I'll use the arrows to highlight whatever I think is noteworthy.

I just wanted to highlight that Ag + Carew and Ade + van Persie form the most prolific strike partnerships.

Also wanted to highlight that Huntelaar hasn't started the season that brightly.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
RedForceRising said:
That I have a screen shot program, which allows me to put in arrows :D

I'll use the arrows to highlight whatever I think is noteworthy.

I just wanted to highlight that Ag + Carew and Ade + van Persie form the most prolific strike partnerships.

Also wanted to highlight that Huntelaar hasn't started the season that brightly.
Thank you for clearing that up.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Updated!

Ibisevic & Ba od 1899 Hoffenheim are joint top striking partnership with Eto'o & Messi on 14 goals.

In the EPL, Agbonlahor & Carew are the top strike partnership with 10 goals.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Updated!

Sorry for the screenshot quality, I used a different screen shot program today.

Out of interest, how many people here would be interested in seeing goalkeeper stats too?

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Youz a legend RFR! :cool:

Quality thread!! Ronaldo and terms of minutes is pretty effective for a guy coming back from a ankle operation early...one trick pony? haha

pz!!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Updated on the first page!

Eto'o leading the scorers' charts with 13 goals.
Ibisevic from Hoffenheim in 2nd place with 12 goals.

Eto'o and Messi form the most prolific strike partnership in domestic comps with 19 goals.

Here are some goal-keeping stats from the EPL:

SV=Saves
GA=Goals Against
SO=Shut Outs (American for Clean Sheet ;) )

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Updated!

Ibisevic is having a barn-storming season in the Bundesliga and Eto'o is on fire in La Liga.

Ibisevic and Ba form the most prolific strike partnership in Europe!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Ibisevic learned his craft in the USA too. He went to the University of St. Louis, whose Madrid campus is the one I hope to attend.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts