Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Thanks for the update RFR.

On the topic of david villa, ive been saying for a long time, if rooney ever ends up as good as villa as a second striker, he'll have fulfilled his potential but now he has been moved to the left so it'll be interesting where rooney eventually ends up but yes villa is an amazing player but he is different to eto'o.

Eto'o imo is the best main striker in the business, personal opinion ofcouorse but he has everything you could want of a front man and would be brilliant for us...as he is at barcelona too but its interesting reading them stats.

Aguero has had a good season too even if its not been as great as possibly expected.

Also about forlan, i think he just joined a league and team more suited to his ability and with age and experience he developed. Always thought he was a good player with moments of brilliance, i think that still has not changed, i just think he is more consistant at being 'good' now.

pz!:cool:

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I know, Mata and Villa are going well, but in Spain, Forlan and Aguero is on fire. Forlan himself is responsible for 19 of atleticos last 24 points, he's got 28 goals i think, and i believe it's 14 with his right 12 with his left including 25 yarders with both!! ! immense! he has been doing excellent in spain since left us! remember him getting the golden boot with henry as soon as he left us! ah well, congrats too him, and to aguero, world player of the year in the making? who knows? at.madrid seem to be good at getting young quality strikers, do u know if aguero came through their youth system? and what about torres?
I think aguero was purchased from an argentine club by athletico for quite abit of money the season before last. His first season in spain as one of hope but in the end it was a slow and difficult start but he really broke out big time last season. He looked class, i love the way he moves with the ball and anticipates tackles from defenders and sort of seems to glide side to side to get past players. I would never bet on a player being a future world player of year individual because there are so many talents out there we know of plus others we do not know of yet but what i would say is that he has major potential.

One thng i would say about the forlan situation is that i think its easier for foreign players and the likes of a veron or even a forlan to have fitted us now. IMO its easier to fit into a great team with a top atmosphere etc and its pretty multicultural in there too and the football is more continental at united now too so they may have been bigger successes had they joined united at a time like now when we are so successful.

That being said, he seems to having an amazing season with athletico but im still convinced while forlan can be a very good player, he is not a top tier player. I think at times he seems out of his league against the very highest standard of opposition but its nothing to be ashamed of because so many players are but forlan still now and again produces against top tier teams! :D

RFR who is the guy at the top of the bundesliga charts? Both him with not that many minutes or shots has scored a bunch of goals and also his team mate, the guy who is mentioned in the transfer section. Is this more to do with the football wolfsburg are playing offensively or is it a representation of how good they are?

On a side note, benzema really needs to get out of france, he is waisting his talent of he spends another season there and his developement will stagnate.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
C ronaldo, 29 goals and 7 assists in 32 appearances i believe. Thats phenomenal for a guy whos missed many games through injury and that makes a season very stop start because it takes time to get back into things and with all his suspensions too, he has done amazingly well at madrid. The only current 'galactico' who would have been good enough to play with the last generation galacticos.

Nice to see ronaldinho on top of the assists chart in italy too. It cant be easy when you have woeful strikers like borrielo and huntelaar to assist but he has been brilliant and keeps serving them chances and trying his best to influence matters for them! He might not be the same player he once was and half the athlete he was but when the balls at his feet, there is not a player in the world who can do some of the stuff he does.

Xavi top of the assists chart in spain too. Easily one of the best players in the world the last couple of seasons. Heard he has done his thigh muscle though? Not sure how true that is but it'll be a shame for spain if both he and iniesta come to the world cup with fitness issues!

Thanks for update, some interesting readings!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.