Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Updated!!!

Ibisevic and Eto'o are having great seasons so far, which has helped their perspective clubs to the the top of their leagues.

Eto'o and Messi form the more prolific goal-scoring partnership in Europe at the moment with 25 goals between the both of them. This has helped Barca build a comfy 10 point cushion at the top of the table.

My worry is that so far this decade, whenever Barca win La Liga, Chelsea win the EPL.
And whenever Real Madrid win the league, Man Utd wins the EPL :(

Meaning thiscould be the first year, Man Utd buck that trend :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Updated!

Also, here are the latest goalkeeping stats for the EPL.

VDS is the man.

[/IMG]

GA Goals allowed
GAPG Goals allowed per game played
GAPS% Percentage of shots faced that result in goals
PKF Penalty goals allowed/Penalty attempts faced
SF Shots faced
SGF Shots on goal faced
SO Shutouts
SV Saves

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Updated on page 1!!

Samuel Eto'o ueber Alle!

27 goals just in the league and on course for the Golden Boot.

Eto'o, Messi and Henry have a combined total of 69 goals in the league alone....and that was before last nights thrashing of Real Madrid!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I still maintain that I'd rather have David Villa than Samuel Eto'o. Also Gillardino has proved me right.

I always said that Milan were the stupid ones. Refusing to change & adapt, instead wasting an awesome goal poacher.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I still maintain that I'd rather have David Villa than Samuel Eto'o. Also Gillardino has proved me right.

I always said that Milan were the stupid ones. Refusing to change & adapt, instead wasting an awesome goal poacher.
Dude, me too!

David Villa is an awesome, awesome striker anf from most reports more of a team player and easier to get along with.

Villa has great technique and great work etchi.

Maybe a shade less work ethic than Tevez, but SO MUC MORE skill and end product!

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Thanks for the update RFR.
It's interesting to note that Forlan has had another great season. He is a top goalscorer. I sometimes wonder why it didn't work out for him at United.
He was young and came to the fastest league in the world from the slow South American leagues. I think when he went a few games without scoring it just ruined he confidence, and he was so far away from hom at that age that it must have been really tough for him. He went to Spain where you get a bit more room and he was a top scorer straight away and has really developed into a top center forward. I think it was just too much of a jump from Argentina to here so early.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
It's interesting to note that Forlan has had another great season. He is a top goalscorer. I sometimes wonder why it didn't work out for him at United.

And he's just scored again against Betis!

Think he psyched himself out while he was with us. Won't forget his goals against the dippers and Chelsea though - instant legend! :)

Also..... just realized this thread has had over a thousand views!

·
Pz
2,062 Posts

On the topic of david villa, ive been saying for a long time, if rooney ever ends up as good as villa as a second striker, he'll have fulfilled his potential but now he has been moved to the left so it'll be interesting where rooney eventually ends up but yes villa is an amazing player but he is different to eto'o.

Eto'o imo is the best main striker in the business, personal opinion ofcouorse but he has everything you could want of a front man and would be brilliant for us...as he is at barcelona too but its interesting reading them stats.

Aguero has had a good season too even if its not been as great as possibly expected.

Also about forlan, i think he just joined a league and team more suited to his ability and with age and experience he developed. Always thought he was a good player with moments of brilliance, i think that still has not changed, i just think he is more consistant at being 'good' now.

pz!:cool:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Updated on the first page!

Man Utd players lead the scoring, as well as assists charts.

Eto'o is still the top scorer in the major European leagues.

Marco di Vai is having a great season and Gignac continues to lead the french scoring charts.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.